We stayed in this hotel before our visit to Indiana University. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. The weather was terrible and we drove here from the middle of Michigan and it took us 9 hours to drive what should have been 5.5 hours. We arrrived at 12:30 a.m. to a very friendly lady at the front desk. I wish all front desk employees were like her. After telling her about our exhaustive trip we asked if we could use the pool and she said it closed at 11 but since we had just gotten in from such a long drive she told us to go ahead and use it. Boy what a shock we got when we got to the pool, it was freezing cold (just what we wanted to do climb in a freezing pool after we had been in driving in subzero temperatures for the last 9 hours) so we just used the spa which was very warm. My daughter did get in the pool for about 5 minutes but about froze to death so she got out and got in the hot tub which in turn made her sick going from freezing cold to hot!!! But my biggest complaint was after we arrived home, I checked my credit card only to find that the hotel had held up $115 worth of pending charges on the first day of our stay and $124 on the second day of our stay (which was actually the day we checked out) and I had paid cash for the nights stay. There was no reason to hold that on our card and I had to make several calls to get them to finally get it straightened out. They did finally get the pending charges off our card but it took from fri untl the following tues to finally get it off of my card. Botton line was I paid CASH for the room and these holds should have never been placed on our card. Room was great but watch for unnesscesary holds on your credit card!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bloomington.The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is located just minutes from Indiana University and downtown Bloomington, Indiana. Travelers visiting the Bloomington Antique Mall, Convention Center, Lake Monroe, Brown County, Bloomington Sportsplex and Oliver Winery will all find the Holiday Inn Express an ideal location. Nearby businesses include Cook Inc., Otis Elevator, Bloomington Hospital, MPRI and Crane Naval Warfare Center. The award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites features 102 rooms, including 32 suites and an exclusive Priorirty Club floor. Each room is equipped with microwave & refrigerator,32 inch flat screen television, coffeemaker, spacious guest bathrooms with granite counter tops, 400 thread count sheets and pillow-top mattresses and much, much more! Featured amenities include Express Start hot breakfast, complimentary Light Dinner (Monday - Thursday), private business center, fitness center, indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi rooms. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is the ideal choice for corporate travelers, families and Hoosier fans visiting Indiana University. Everything you expect, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Bloomington Hotel Bloomington
- Holiday Inn Bloomington
- Bloomington Holiday Inn Express