“Wonderful Weekend Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Weekend Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I wanted to take a minute and thank a very special associate of the hotel. This hotel has the most welcoming and friendly person, Julie C., as an employee. Before and even at arrival she made the experience for my traveling companions and me a wonderful experience. She worked with me before we arrived to handle our reservations personally and upon arrival we were greated with her overhwleming welcoming attitude. She was a pleasure to speak to and she was the most accomodating person I have ever encountered during my travels and threw my professional career. As an employee of Holiday Day Express and as someone who has worked in hospitality for many years I can truely say that she is an asset to your hotel. Beyond that, everyone who I encountered at the hotel who worked there was completely accomadating and beyond welcoming. Thank you for the exemplary experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments after your recent weekend trip to Bloomington. Julie was so pleased to read that she exceeded your expectations, and helped you and your friends have such a wonderful weekend.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have traveled to Bloomington for business in the past and stayed at other hotels, this trip I chose Holiday Inn Express and had the best experience so far. They offered free breakfast and dinner, all good food. Diana was on duty during evening dinner and was very sweet, she made sure all guests were enjoying their meals and offered to take your dishes and refill your drinks. It was a great experience! The rooms were also very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, we hope that we have now become your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area. We were very pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay, the complimentary breakfast and the manager's reception in the evening.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Brazil, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I took our two daughters for a quick overnight trip just to get out of town. We were greeted by a super friendly receptionist. Our suite was super clean. I always inspect the bathroom first thing and it passed with flying colors! We had two queen beds, 2 t.v.'s, a couch, chair and desk and a very small (but respectable) kitchenette. Everything we needed! We visited the pool and hot tub. Again, this area was clean! The hotel is close to many restaurants and shopping choices. May I recommend a trip to Oliver Winery, if that's your fancy! The morning breakfast buffet was also very plentiful and well maintained. We would definitely recommend this fine establishment!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your comments after your recent getaway to Bloomington. We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed the accommodations, started your day off right with a delicious breakfast, and that you found the staff to be friendly and professional. A tour of Oliver Winery is always a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

We hope that you will choose to stay with you the next time you visit Bloomington.

Michigan City, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband & I were in town for a funeral. We called that afternoon to book a room & were given a choice of King w/jacuzzi or queen, same price for either (very reasonable). We chose the king w/jacuzzi. The room was quite spacious, extremely comfortable, very clean; had everything we needed, including enough towels! We used the jacuzzi - it filled up quickly, and water was definitely hot enough. Now if that wasn't enough, the breakfast the next morning was absolutely exceptional, way beyond my expectations: pancakes (I've seen waffles before, but not pancakes), biscuits & gravy, cold cereal, yogurt, bagels, cinnamon buns, sausage patties (not spicy, which I loved), coffee, 3 kinds of white milk (probably had chocolate, too; I didn't ask), toast, fresh fruit (the pineapple may have been canned, but it was excellent, not too sugary). All the food was delicious! We had a most enjoyable stay, and believe me, we are usually, I'm sure, dubbed "the customers from he__"; we ALWAYS have some complaint or not-so-nice comment about our stays away from home. I sincerely wanted to stay another night or two but had to get back for work on Monday!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us- please accept our sympathies for the occasion that brought you to Bloomington.
We were pleased to read that you found the room to be clean and comfortable with all the amenities you needed, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Bloomington area.

South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Keep in mind as you book that Bloomington has both a Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express. We showed up at the Express and found our reservation was actually at the other. Fortunately, the front desk staff was very helpful and transferred our reservation and allowed us to stay at the Express with no additional charges. The front desk staff was very pleasant and even gave us a map with directions to the IU campus since we were in town for IU Orientation.
Our room was on the second floor, 208. It has a fridge and microwave which is a huge plus for a room this price. The beds were not overly comfortable but they were very clean (and even offered both soft and firm pillows to choose from, with the pillow cases labeled respectively). The bathroom was extremely large with lots of counter space and the shower was clean and had good water pressure. There were three large mirrors, though they were the non-flattering type.
The hotel is on the outskirts of the town (looks like a sort of sketchy area, as do a couple of the surrounding hotels) but there are LOTS of fast food places and a Texas Roadhouse within walking distance.

Overall a nice enough place to stay if you're in town for a night or two. Nothing really horrible abut it, but then again nothing that fantastic. If we needed to stay in Blomington again, I would not mind coming back!

Room Tip: make sure to choose a non smoking room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments after your recent stay with us. Although your original reservation was somewhere else, we were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, found the room to be clean and comfortable, and that the staff was able to assist you in a friendly and professional manner.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Bloomngton area over the next four years.

Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here during a pleasure trip to visit the Kinsey Institute using priority club points. Never a problem booking and using points and we got a really nice room. Hotel is very pleasant and the service was excellent. The morning breakfast was one of the best we have seen associated with a Holiday Inn property. Beds were very comfortable and the hotel was really clean. The hotel is out on the edge of town, but close to a number of eating establishments, including the Texas Roadhouse which we heartily recommend. You can't go wrong with this hotel and the next time we are i town, there will be no question as to where we stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel when in town visiting the Kinsey Institute. We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed the accommodations, and that you found the staff to be both friendly and professional.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice when visiting the Bloomington area.

Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

No manager on site for 3 days, and not around the next 2 days when I called. The receptionest were as close to a manager as they seem to have, and were not helpful at all.
I arranged a stay at this hotel for my daughter on her wedding night. I went to the hotel and prepaid, and was told that all she had to do was a rrive and get the key to the room. But when she arrived, they wouldn't let her into her room. I had to drive back to the hotel a second time to get it straitened out. There was no Manger on site that day, or the following 2 days. When she did get the key to the room it did not work, she had to go to the front desk 3 different times. Then they finally got the service man to come and open the door.
I waited after the 3 days and called back 3 times the following 2 days. To tell them how dissappointed I was and the manager was not there then either.

Room Tip: Get a different hotel. Townplace suites next door would be a much better choice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our hotel. I have spoken with Dawn Crawford, the General Manager, several times regarding your situation and I understand that she has spoken with you as well. We value our guest feedback, the entire staff has read your comments and understands that they dropped the ball in this instance and did not provide the standard of service that we strive for each and every time.

I hope that you will consider giving us another chance. Thank you for your consideration.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bloomington? Share your experiences!