“Deserves that price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Eclectic, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Deserves that price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

When I first walked in, the atmosphere was very decent. It was not a quick dinner plave with not-too-bad food. It was not a place where you and your "bestie" can go anyday. it was more of a place to take your lover, or maybe your family. Yes, the price wasn't too plausible, concerning that I am just a poor college student; however, I realized that it was reasonable. All of the servers looked quite profational, and the service they were providing was just as profational. The food was absolutely delicious. The quality ofthe dish was just as good as the quantity of it. The place was clean as well. I saw servers constantly cleaning and organizing.
I would definitely go again with my girlfiend, whenever I get one... if I get one. Ha.

Anyway, I strongly suggest this place!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Salt Flat,Texas
“My visit to Michael'sUptown Cafe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I visited michael's uptown Cafe with some friends to celebrate my new freedom. as a newly single woman. I enjoyed the friendly service and succulent food. and the variety of choice in the menu. I really pigged out to my heart;s content

Visited December 2012
Indianapolis
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love the Uptown Cafe in Bloomington. The service is always great and the food is excellent. I wish I lived in Bloomington so that I could eat there more often. I love the crab cakes and their cajun offerings. Desserts are fantastic. An all-around great place to go.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“For 40 years, one of the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten at the Uptown breakfast, lunch, and dinner for many years. The quality of food, service, and ambiance has never changed, it is always excellent. The menu has changed over the years as has the decor and size of the restaurant, each addition only adds to the quality of food as well as the beauty of the interior. The Uptown is located in the heart of downtown Bloomington, which is now and has been for years the perfect small city square with many locally owned shops filled with all manner of quality products. Eating at the Uptown is a win-win proposition -- eat and shop, shop and eat, or simply dine in fine style. It is a favorite place for many people, local as well as visitors.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Solid food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Decent ambiance, but kind of a family place too. Good beer selection. Great menu. We each had the chicken pita and it was great...with cucumber yogurt sauce. Good service.

Visited November 2012