“If you love soup, this is your place.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 270 Restaurants in Bloomington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Bloomington, Indiana
“If you love soup, this is your place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

With a multitude of selections daily, including a host of vegetarian and vegan options, Darn Good is my favorite soup place in town. The people are always super nice and the soup piping hot and delicious. A great spot for a cold winter's day.

Visited June 2012

“Man's Soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is one of my (and nearly all of my friends) favourite places in Bloomington. They only serve soup and this causes a lot of people to question if they want to go, but trust me and anyone who has ever eaten there - it is very good and yes, filling. The soups are hearty and the price is good for what you get. Zucchini Pesto, Chicken Tortilla and Lobster Bisque are my favourites. Also, their cookies are AMAZING! For real, give it a try and you will not be disappointed!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Almost a hole in the wall but the soups are fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This restaurant that specializes in soups has been going on strong for a few years across from the Monroe County courthouse. My wife and I stopped there yesterday for lunch. My choice was the lentil spinach and my wife chose the sweet pea soup. We each paid about $6 for a small cup of soup and a very small slice of bread: white or whole wheat are the choices. The bread is nondescript and the portion is very small. But my soup was very good with a slight bite to it. My wife said her soup was nothing special, just average. The venue has about 10 tables but most of the business was take out we observed. So, for a nice cup of soup this place can be recommended.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great variety. Purely A carryout establishment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I like the soup here, they almost always have a vegan option, but all food is served in carry-out containers. Not cool in a progressive town like Bloomington.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Indiana
“Full disclosure: I know these guys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been to the place quite a few times, though I'm not a regular. They have a narrow focus. Soup. No question, they do it well. If you like mushrooms, you have to get their mushroom. I agree with Nels, that it is the Best. Basically what my son gets every time. Chicken Tortilla? my "complaint" is that the chunks of meat are too big. we should always have things like that to complain about. Its a no-frills place. soup served in styrofoam. I've heard some would prefer real bowls, but for me, the soup still tastes great. No reason to list all the great soups I've had. I heard a colleage say he had one that he didn't care for. Hasn't happened for me yet. You can go to their website, facebook, see whats cooking. If I were you I would get there and try the squash and shrimp bisque. its there today. Small place, turnover is fast. Hell, its just soup!

• Visited March 2012