“Did I really just pay for that?!?!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Showers Inn

You added Showers Inn to your Saves list
Showers Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   430 North Washington Street, Bloomington, IN 47408   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Bloomington B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Did I really just pay for that?!?!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

This B&B is nice. Not exquisite, which I would expect for the price I paid. The staff is kind but the "services" provided were average to non-existent and "breakfast" is continental at best. The location is in downtown Bloomington, which despite what others might say about being removed from campus is still right next to partying college kids. I was expecting to be pampered and impressed beyond belief as this was the most I have EVER spent on a B&B stay. I was sorely disappointed. College kids partying literally right next door until 2 am. The size of the room was average and nothing stood out as "wow, this is really worth $200+ a night!" The website was misleading. I was not greeted with afternoon tea and delicious baked goods. Getting an in-room massage, which is listed as a feature of the establishment, was like pulling teeth and caused more tension than worth it. I could have stayed in a similar establishment for two or three nights for the price I paid for this non-impressive disappointment. Totally worth about $100 per night, absolutely no more. I have never felt so "hosed" in my life. Pros: bed was comfy. I slept fine once the blasting bass next door was turned off. Cons: the free wireless does not work very well at all, and you can hear everything going on in the inn, outside of the inn and in the neighborhood (aka no real sense of privacy for those on romantic visits). Drunk, loud folks out all night. I was worried about my vehicle because the off-street parking seemed to share space with local renters who were milling about all night. Summary: I was extremely disappointed with my overall experience. I won't stay here again unless I win the lottery or my husband's MBA from IU starts paying 7 figures. I will also be cautioning others from spending the outrageous rates to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

During my very first visit to Bloomington IN, my boyfriend (an IU alum) found the Showers Inn through the local tourism bureau. They couldn't have recommended a better place for us! We love staying at B&B's whenever we travel, and the Showers Inn has that perfect blend of historic charm and modern amenities that a good B&B should have. Anne, Mike, and the rest of the staff were as friendly as can be. The house has been beautifully remodeled; our room (the "Sandburg") featured an original tub and brand-new shower head, pedestal sink, and flat-screen TV. We enjoyed our breakfast at a bistro table, then took our coffee out to the walled, sunken garden -- the ideal spot to spend a spring morning. The inn is quite close to campus, but we felt just enough removed from the hustle & bustle of a busy college weekend. The price was very competitive, and well worth *not* staying at a mainstream hotel. We hope to come back to the Showers Inn again soon!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Wow where do I begin! First I will start with reservations and check -in. I was given a bargain business rate for a first -class top notch place to lay my weary head.(Thank-you Mike) Upon check -in were delecious homemade oatmeal cranberry/raisin and peanut butter cookies. I had reserved the Lazy River room which was located in the 1920 House. There are 2 different homes to choose a room from, they are the 1903 Home of the Showers family and the 1920 House owned by the Showers family. Both of these homes have recently had over one million dollars spent to create the upscale accommodations and it shows!! The Lazy River room had a jacuzzi spa tub, kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, granite counter top, and a flat screen tv (satellite)above the timer controlled gas fireplace. The queen sized bed was heavenly which included elaborate bedding and a ceiling fan above it. Another thing the room had (which was the first time I have seen this) was a built in Ipod docking station in the wall. The room was furnished with classic elegance yet trendy. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, granola, cereal, bread, bacon and eggs. Coffee, juice , milk and assorted teas were also available. Private parking was off street behind both of the inns. This inn made me forget that I was on a required business trip instead it turned out to be a romantic Valentine luxury getaway. This is the only place I will ever stay when visiting Bloomington. Thank -you Showers Inn for my exceptional accomodations! For pictures and a tour check out their website: showersinn.com

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Showers Inn? Share your experiences!