“Decent but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Constitution Ave, Bedford, IN 47421 (Formerly Stonehenge Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
“Decent but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was a little surprised by the visible wear and tear in the hotel room. I noticed things like tears in the carpet, smudges/marks on the walls, dirt/dust along all the baseboards and in corners, and what appeared to be poorly-done repair work in the shower. The water pressure in the shower was minimal. The beds were comfortable enough but very average.

On the positive side, the room came with a refrigerator and a microwave. We didn't use the microwave but did put the refrigerator to use with our dinner leftovers. The front desk staff were very courteous and efficient--I have no complaints about them whatsoever.

Free breakfast was available but we woke up too late to take advantage of the meal so I can't comment on the quality or variety of the breakfast offerings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bristol, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place is a nightmare ! The Comfort Inn, Bedford website is misleading and false advertising ! First of all it shows a very nice, landscaped hotel with restaurant and bar. The rooms they show look new and very clean and fresh. Well , our jaws hit the floor when we walked into our room . Dark, musty, dirty, and worst of all moldy ! The air conditioning unit had mold all over it, I took pictures of it and posted them. There is NO restaurant or Bar or really even a vending area. The ice machines are all broken and we had to go to the main lobby to obtain ice . The " vending" area consisted of a rusty and dusty machine with a choice of 6 or 7 items. Okay, back to the room....the bathroom was fine,. basic but fine. The balcony was beyond gross, old moldy cigarette butts in the broken slide out windows. It is "screened in with sliding windows ( handles were broken) and the carpet filthy and old. Looked like something out of a bad slasher movie. I have wrote over 50 reviews on T.A. and I have never had to write one like this. They advertise FREE internet access, we had no internet access. I was told to call an I.T. person , and then the T.V. channels were fuzzy and blurred. I was told it was just their t.v.s . We called and spoke with the manager and she told us the mold was normal for this time of year....w h a t ? ???? Said the bar and restaurant closed many years ago and they had no control over removing it from their website ? what ? Offered us 10% off ! Never apologized to us, just offered excuses ! We packed up and left. They took the $111 off of our bill. Outrageous , check out my pics ! Please don't waste your money. The Holiday Inn down the road welcomed us in with open arms and gave us the same rate after hearing our story. Thanks Holiday Inn , we will never stray again !

Room Tip: Run, don't walk , run the other direction.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time the staff is very nice, friendly, and helpful. We had booked a suite for our trip, which consisted of myself, husband, two kids, and our two dogs. When we arrived the front desk told my husband that they do not allow pets in the suites, but the front desk contacted the owner and we were allowed to bring them. They even waived the pet fee. Room was very comfortable, even had an enclosed "deck" (more like a run) for the dogs and kids to go outside. The floor was also very quiet, we definitely could not hear our neighbors next door, I guess the plus side of it being an older hotel.

Breakfast was decent compared at some others hotels I have stayed at. They had both hot and cold options, like pastries, bagels, cereal, eggs, make your own waffles, and biscuits & gravy, etc. They also had high chairs for the little ones.

The only thing I would say that was a negative, was the maid service. When we came back to our room, the didn't seem to have vacuumed. The mess that our children had made with the goldfish crackers was still on the floor. Other than that, I would definitely recommended this place and when in Bedford, will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are staying with a family, I would suggest the suite. We paid about 100/night for our stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Management07, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We do pride ourselves in Guest Services and I enjoyed reading that your experience again was a pleasant one. Yes, we normally don't allow pets on the 3rd floor because we have rooms with outside doors that makes taking them in and out much easier but since you didn't know that and had booked a suite, we did our best to make accommodate your needs for the length of your stay. We hope to see you again soon in the near future!! Have a wonderful rest of 2013!
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very helpful staff. Breakfast was typical: eggs, fruit, mush, ceral, drinks, waffles, donuts, muffins, etc. Older facility. First floor seemed to have mildew. Moved to third floor room and was fine. Get a room away from the freeway side of the hotel. Would stay again if in Bedford.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am glad that your stay was satisfactory!! The age of this building sometimes holds the smell of moisture on the first floor. I recommend staying on the 2nd floor if allergies bother you especially during the rainy seasons. Also the West side of the building is much quieter due to highway traffic. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!!
Golden, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice room, courteous desk staff, good free breakfast. No complaints in our 2-night stay.

We stayed there in late September, and the place was under-occupied, which gives an eerie feeling, but otherwise no problems.

It's on Hiway 37, which bypasses downtown Bedford, but we had to reason t ogo downtown, so no sweat. Price was typical of Comfort Inn - i.e. on the high end of where we normally stay while cruising the USA, but that was nbot a surprise as we had reserved in advance.

Room Tip: The place is sprawling, try to get close to the lobby for breakfast and front desk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lisa M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you coming and staying with us. Our motto here is to "make everyone feel as if they are family". We hope to see you again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Way to expensive for this horrible hotel. Our hallway smelled like a pool, stale ciggarettes, and a retirement home. One of our friends founds , no joke, a live
Bat in their room. Our bathroom was dirty and the from desk barely picked up their phone. I had an amazing time at the wedding we came for at the hotel but overall this place is a piece of crap. Dont stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
Lisa M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you found your room unsatisfactory. Housekeepers were here late due to it being a high event weekend and if we had been made notified of your issues, it wouldve been handled promptly. The "bat" was handled within 5 minutes by our front desk staff, Abby and the guest that was in that room told the head housekeeper that his room was great. Keep in mind, you were calling during a very busy checkin time due to the wedding and the IU Fans checking in and sometimes the phones are unable to be answered quickly. We do our best to handle issues as they arrive.
Wooster, Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business recently and the room left something to be desired. When I entered the hallway to my room, I was hit with a smell that was a mix of a musty basement and air freshener trying to cover it up. My room was at the other end of the hallway. When I got to my room, the smell continued inside. The room itself was a good size with a king sized bed. The room was mostly clean except for some white dust on the bathroom door that I could tell was never wiped off. The bathroom was clean but you could tell it saw a lot of use. The carpet in the room looked dingy and it did smell. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but I found a cigarette burn hole on the comforter and could tell someone had smoked in the room recently. The air conditioner was almost falling off the wall and I could see daylight around where it was mounted. My room was toward the highway and the loose air conditioner let a lot of the highway noise into my room. Overall, the smell down my hallway and in my room left a lot to be desired for my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lisa M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We have started renovations on the hotel but from your review, it appears that you were put in area that has not been renovated yet. I hope that if you travel this way again, and you stay with us, that you will find your stay much more to your satisfaction.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!