“Nice place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
Knightstown, Indiana
“Nice place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in town for a funeral and staff worked with us to arrive and depart around the visitation and service timings. We were looking for a quiet place and amazingly, the hotel was very quiet. This was the girls' basketball regional weekend and the hotel was fairly full with families and even one of the basketball teams. We were so pleased and the staff helped us accommodate our son's family in one of the junior king suites as all the 2 queen rooms were taken. Hotel was very neat and clean; breakfast was good. (Cool pancake maker, by the way!) Glad we stayed there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The facility was recently updated so everything is nice and bright and clean. Fresh, modern colors painted throughout. We got the Jr. Suite with a king bed and pull out. Both slept very good. The room was clean and spacious. The staff where friendly -average to above average.
Plenty of parking and easy access to the highway. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well.
Overall, a good time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tenn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very Clean. The lobby looks recently remodeled. Staff friendly. Pool great w/hot tub.
Breakfast good.
Our neighbor room was a little loud during the night so sort of tainted my stay. But can't blame hotel for loud people.
Nice little hotel far a out of the way place.
About a 30 minute trip to Paoli Ski resort.
Starbucks in Bedford!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kewanee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Front Desk: The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.
Restaurant: There is no restaurant on site. There is free continental breakfast that has a fair amount of choices.
Rooms: The rooms are spacious and clean.
Internet: If you plan on working in this hotel, you better bring your own internet card. The connection was terrible. Good thing I had MiFi.
Price: I think the pre-paid price of $129.60 is a bit high priced for this Holiday Inn Express given the location.

Room Tip: There really isn't a view so don't worry about your room location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while visiting my daughter at IU in Bloominton (The Bloomington hotels were either full or price gouging). The hotel (and room) was spotless and appeared to be recently constructed. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. My room was spacious with 9ft. ceiling. What was unusual is that my room did not have a window to the outdoors. Instead, I had a sliding door leading to a second story balcony inside the attached pool enclosure. Not sure if this is a common format for these hotels but thought it was unusual that I had no source of natural light. I guess this also explained the strong chlorine odor in my room. The through-the-wall heating/cooling unit also provided a direct path for the sounds from the pool. This being said, the hotel has a strict policy about shutting down the pool at 10:00 PM and proved to not be a bother as I spent little time in my room other than sleeping at night. Rooms on the other side (parking lot side) of the pool had windows to the outdoors.

The included breakfast was standard fare for these hotels and was adequate but tasted anything but home made. Other minor issue was that the ceramic tile flooring in the bathroom was coming loose as the grout was literally cracking and popping out of the joints. Hope they still have a warranty with the contractor.

I'd stay here again if I can't find a room at a reasonable price in Bloomington but would request a room with a view to the outdoors.

Room Tip: If you want natural light or are sensitive to chlorine, make sure to ask for a room that does not op...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First let me say the facility was clean and the room was very nice. My concern with this hotel is that they did not seem to have a clue about our reservation and length of stay and I felt like I was being monitored the entire two days I spent at this hotel. We were staying in Bedford for a family wedding. On Saturday, we decided we needed a nap before getting ready. We put the do not disturb sign on the door. Well we were awakened by a knock on the door. It was housekeeping, we said we did not need anything. The maid proceeded to tell us check out was at. 2pm. We had booked 2 nights, so not relevant for us. Tried to go back to sleep, the phone rings. It was the front desk telling us check out is 2pm. We said "Um we bookd 2 nights" She said oh sorry i see that now. Then a note was slipped under our door saying that they saw we had the do not disturb sign on our door, and while they respect our privacy, that is the sign was there for 3 days, they have the right to come in!?! We had just told them we were booked for 2 nights. I was highly offended. Then on the day we were checking out, I came up from breakfast at about 9:00am and caught the maid just peeking in my room!. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear happywhalewatcher,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is nice to know that you have mentioned how nice and clean our hotel is. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had experienced with the hotel staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Check-in was a breeze. The room was very spacious, clean, good quality furniture, bath well stocked and re-plenished daily. The beds leave much to be desired. They are hard as rocks. Additionally, I do not like sleeping under a duvet. I asked for blanket on my king bed. It was not done. When I asked the Front Desk Clerk, she got "testy" with me and walked away, after she said "I just came on duty at 4PM, and I don't know what your talking about". Excuse me? Unsure what to do, I waited a minute, she returned, and handed me a blanket. Ends up it's a small "throw", but I put 2 of them on the bed. When I mentioned it next morning to Front Desk Clerk (who was always super accommodating), she brought it to Housekeepings attention. They do not have any king size blankets. The Business Center? Big joke. Two computers, both broken. They offered me use of the front desk computer, which I did use once, but it was slower than molasses. 2nd morning, the treadmill in the Fitness Center was stuck in the highest incline position. Again, the friendly front desk clerk came into the room and recycled the machine, so I could use it. If it weren't for her, I don't know what this HIE would do. Rotation of the morning breakfast selections would be nice. We were offered biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs & sausage all three mornings. Oh, and those delicious pancakes! Rotating day-by-day with omelet would be nice. Otherwise, breakfast area and service was nice. Additionally, the microwave ended up broken also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bedford? Share your experiences!