“Dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Zion
Bloomington, Indiana
“Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed at this resort for a wedding. The rooms are very outdated, musty, moldy and stunk really bad. The carpet in the rooms probably hasn't been replaced in 20 years and the bathroom was dirty and very outdated. Control knob on the air conditioner was broken so we could not adjust the temperature. We had a couple rooms throughout the hotel and none of them had a nice view, unless you like looking at roof tops. Only one elevator in the entire place and it moved so slow it was faster to take the stairs. The restrooms are located on the lower level from where the wedding/banquet facility was located so you had to walk downstairs to use the restroom. The floors in the bathroom, stairs and elevator were always sandy and very slippery and there were ants crawling on the bathroom floor. This is no means a true beach. The sand is full of rocks and we saw garbage as well, you honestly could not walk in the sand without shoes on because it was full of rocks. You would think that the resort could at least clean the sand up where they perform the ceremonies so at least it would like nice and the people would not have to walk on rocks. The parking is very limited and the "over flow" lot is quite a distance from the resort and no shade to be found. This place is definitely NOT equipped for elderly or handicapped people. The hotel staff did not even ask if everything was ok during our stay, they just handed us the bill. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone and I know we definitely overpaid to stay at this place even with the wedding discount rate. The price should be about $70.00 per night considering how nasty this place is. This could be a nice resort if management would update and clean it but I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

My family had the opportunity to stay at Illinois Beach Resort & Conference Center this past January. I used this opportunity to look the resort over for a company meeting while my family took advantage of the resort. We found all the accomidation were outstanding. From the food to service. Kids had a great time in the pool and came room. Wife and itook advantace of the workout room.

The resturant had a great Prime Rib! A place to visit for sure. I look forward to stay again in the summer time to kae advantage of the great beach.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

We had a wonderful time. The restaurant was great...prime rib was fantastic. We loved the Sunday Brunch and the service was perfect. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We had a great long-term stay in the Illinois Beach Resort.

The hotel is perfectly located at the beach and a good start point for walks on the beach and in the preservation area.

We had a lake view room overlooking the beach that gave us a real holiday feeling.

Management and staff are professional, very friendly and always more then helpful.

We would highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Beach front by Lake Michigan. Great sunrises. Nice folks. Rooms were not fancy & somewhat dated but clean. Food was good. Worked well for us while my best friend was getting treatment at CTCA.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I found this place by accident while browsing for a place to go for a quick getaway, I have to say that this place is awesome, the building is old but it's kept clean and maintained so you don't really care how old it is. The workers are very friendly and nice, the food is good my favorite was breakfast!! I wish the had pasta on the dinner menu but it's okay, I'm sure they'll add one day :))
They do need a better gift shop!! The pool is huge, up to 8'6", with a hot tub!! Room is clean, really clean. Huge fitness center!! Free internet!! I loved the place and I'm definitely going back soon. I thank everyone who works there for everything they did to make my little getaway unforgettable!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
LaGrange Park, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We recently attended our cousins' wedding at the Ilinois Beach Resort in Zion, IL. I never knew it existed until we received the invitation. Making reservations was by phone-and a breeze. We spoke to a real person who answered all my questions. Upon check in, the front desk staff had silly band gifts for my 6 and 8 year olds and addressed them personally. I realized I forgot my bating suit, and was directed to the nearest store. We quickly unpacked and spent the afternoon playing in the pool and lounging in th spa hot tub. Every time we walked through the lobby on our way to and from the wedding, we were all greeted with a smile and hello. The wedding itself was absolutely picturesque, in fact, I think the photos of my kids on the beach front right after the cermemony will serve as our Christmas cards this year. The reception was beautiful-great food for the grown ups and the kids. Unfortunately, we left my daughter's favorite North Face jacket in our hotel room when we left. We didn't realize this until we arrived home. I called the resort the following day, fully ready to say goodbye to the jacket. When I explained our situation, I was shocked to hear that jacket was already packaged up with our name on it. And Sarah, the manager, offered to take it to the post office herself the followin day. It arrived safe and sound 2 days later! We will definitely head back here this winter for an overnight!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!