“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Zion
Cisne, Illinois
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, as my husband had appointments at CTCA. It is clean, comfortable, and has friendly staff. I can't think of anything negative about this property. We have since been back to Zion, and were booked at another hotel by CTCA. This one is definitely superior to the other hotel, and we will always request this one from now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was my first stay at this Country Inn even though I grew up in Zion & have family/friends still in the area. Wherever you park isn't far from the door. The rooms have inside entrance which is always nicer for warmer rooms & safety. We were on the third floor at the end of the short hall so no room on one side of ours. The heat worked great - our room overlooked Piggly Wiggly nearby as well Dollar Tree, Culvers, and Subway - all a short walk. Location at 33rd & Sheridan Road. Our room had two queen beds with small refrigerator and microwave along with desk/chair, side chair, nice TV. Size room was good. We weren't too far from the elevator. We had requested a bath chair in our reservation & it was in the bathtub when we arrived. The motel gives a senior discount which we also received. Breakfast is offered in the morning 6 - 9:30 during the week & 7 - 10:30 on the weekend. They always had scrambled eggs, make your own waffle, cereal, muffins, breads, fruit, juices, coffee, hot water for tea, etc. Each day they had a theme which you could use the scrambled eggs such as make a taco breakfast sandwich, omelette with the fixings etc. The breakfast area has a large TV and computer (which I didn't use since I had my own with me). Breakfast was better than a lot of motels I've stayed at. Internet in the motel (including rooms) is free & just sign in each day when the notice pops up on your computer. It worked great - we had no trouble once we got online. Out of 4 internet access items -- only one laptop took awhile for my husband to get online but after that was no problem. We were all very happy with the internet service -- so much better than other motels in town that "say" they have internet but it doesn't work. For those visiting the Zion Cancer Hospital -- the shuttle is at the motel often to pick up anyone needing a ride there which I wasn't but it is a wonderful service. I will definitely stay there again when in the area needing a motel. The employees were friendly and helpful. I almost forgot to mention the beds and pillows are wonderful -- I slept great and my bad shoulder didn't bother me at all. I want to try and find pillows to buy like them. We didn't use the pool or work out area.

Room Tip: If you want a room not too far from the elevator, get a room on the westside of the elevator which...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
McComb, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before when my wife visits CTCA for her checkups. The staff is always very helpful and the property is very clean. Rooms are spacious and well furnished.

The breakfast has a nice selection and the staff go out of their way. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers in the Zion area.

• Stayed November 2013
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I were on a week long "road" trip through Wisconsin. We were heading home when we stopped at the Country Inn. This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed at during our trip. The room was well appointed, the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was great. They even use real plates, glasses, mugs and silverware!!! I will search out this chain when we take our next road trip. It was worth every penny.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
cx_zion, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay as our staff takes great pride in delivering a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Our goal is to always exceed our guests expectations and therefore I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Zion area that you will choose to stay with us again.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is close to Lake Michigan and about a 15 minute drive from Six Flags. We stayed here with two adults and one child for 2 nights. It is a very nice hotel. The breakfast was good and had a good variety. It was well taken care of. The room was nice and clean. It had modern amenities and was well kept up. The pool is good sized and it has a nice hot tub also. The staff was very helpful. They also have free transportation to the cancer center if you should be in need of that. The bus ran on a regular basis. I would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Holland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the help of your desk personnel on July 30,2013. My daughter had an unexpected procedure at the Cancer Center and we needed a place for an extra night. your Country Inn was full but Sophia called the Center and got someone there to help her find a room for us that night. She was very kind, helpful and professional. We are at your Inn two or three times a month and feel very comfortable there. The staff is always kind and accommodating and we certainly do appreciate that. It is always good to find a place that makes a hard situation a little easier.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Since my mom lives within walking distance, I have stayed here many, many times. The staff is always very friendly but make certain you call ahead for reservations. This hotel generally has many patients being treated by the Cancer Treatment Center of America. I really try to ensure that the kids are on their best behavior, just out of respect for the people and families dealing with this horrid disease. I have never had any complaints about my kids, or no actions by the staff, but again, I try to put myself in the place of the other habitants. It is always quiet there. It is generally clean there, but make certain you take any valuables out of your car, as I accidentally left a camera, nothing fancy, in the vehicle and it was gone the next morning. Also, when I get special deal offers from Carlson, for country inn and suites, it will list every property around except for this one. But my visits here are always very pleasant. If the stolen camera issue was a real problem of crime, I would not stay here, so don't let that deter you from staying here either. As a note, don't put food in the fridge without first checking both the fridge and the little freezer. One time I found some kind of medical bag left in the little freezer. I couldn't complain though, because I am certain that the person who left it was going through and dealing with much more than I did with that.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
cx_zion, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. We work diligently to make sure each of our guests have the same experience while staying at our hotel. Please contact me at your convenience as I would like to address your last stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!