“Very good stay,recommend it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Market Square

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Market Square to your Saves list
The Inn at Market Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2723 Sheridan Road, Zion, IL 60099 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites at Market Square)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Zion
Bruneau, United States
“Very good stay,recommend it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

more washer and dryers for guest use.One of each just isnt enough for size of facility.We had a long wait to take our turn,and it would be nice if there was some where to leave left over detergant and bleach for other guest to use up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Even though we are a new property, we're always looking for ways to improve our guests' experience. We welcome their ideas and suggestions, as well as those of our team members. Regarding the laundry facilities, the designers unfortunately did not anticipate the full demand to the extent we wish they had. We are pursuing venting/plumbing infrastructuure to support additional equipment and hope you will grant us your patience until this can be accomplished. In the interim, please know we do offer a same day wash/dry/fold service, as well as professional drycleaning, both at a very reasonable cost. We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you the very best until then. Thank you.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Waterford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Brand new very clean over all and well decorated. Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean. Gym was well equipped but half the equipment was damaged and non functional. No breakfast not even muffins or doughnuts. Terrible wireless intenet in the rooms. Over all it's a beautiful hotel if they took a little more car in adding a few more ammenities I'd definatly stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so very much for taking the time to help us continue to always see our new fecility from our guests' perspectives. Unfortunately, the main circuit for the Fitness Center needed to be reinstalled, causing some equipment to be temporarily out of service. While covered by warranty, it certainly created an inconvenience and I sincerely apologize. I am not aware of any issue with the wireless service; your note was the first to ever mention such, but I will investigate thoroughly. Regarding breakfast, we do offer a full breakfast inclusive rate and voucher valid at local restaurants for all guests, with the exception of those here as part of CTCA. Their guests receive free or reduced pricing on all meals at the medical campus, allowing the hospital to provide for any unique dietary needs that a typical hotel breakfast simply would not be able to do. If you were not staying with us as part of CTCA, I truly hope you will contact me directly. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and, while we hit a homerun on cleanliness and comfort, a concern remained. I hope I've addressed them in this response and invite you to reach out for me directly prior to your next visit since we'd welcome another chance to offer you a superior experience. Thank you.
North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was very impressed at the quality of the hotel and the extremely helpful and friendly staff. Made my business trip much more pleasurable. If ever in the are again, I will stay there again. No breakfast available here but was given voucher for a good place to eat close by. Beds were a bit too soft for my taste.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
How wonderful to know you may consider another visit to the beautiful City of Zion! I will share your comments with our entire team as your kind thoughts will be greatly appreciated. I apologize for the bed perhaps being a bit too soft for your liking. Even as a new hotel, we continue to make improvements to accommodate individual preferences and I will certainly see what options we have available to us. Thank you again for taking the time to reply and we wish you the very best in all your travels.
San Diego, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was an exceptionally clean hotel in Zion. The rooms are a little pricey, but we like Best Western so we paid the price. The hotel is used by a local cancer treatment center, so they pride themselves on the cleanliness of the place and it definitely showed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Market Square! We're committed to the Best Western I-CARE standards of housekeeping excellence and so grateful that those efforts may your visit memorable. Thank you for taking the time to offer your kind words and please come see us again soon.
davenport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have traveled to Zion Illinois every other week for the last eight months to receive chemotherapy at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Each trip typically requires a four night stay at a hotel near the center. I have stayed at the Best Western, Zion Il. every time with the exception of two trips, the main reason being is that the Best Western was unable to provide a room because the hotel was fully booked to capacity. The alternate second choice facility was nice but the stays came to make me appreciate the quality of service and amenities at the Best Western as compared to the alternative. I would most certainly recommend the Best Western in Zion Il. to any traveler needing lodging in that area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We are so pleased that you find our hotel a welcome home away from home, particularly since your purpose here in the beautiful City of Zion is part of a very personal journey. Our staff takes great care to meet the expectations of our guests and your kind words reflecting their efforts will be so deeply appreciated. We hope as you continue to visit here in the coming months that you know we are always here to help with any need you may have. Take care and know you could not be in better care than with the staff of CTCA...and of course, Market Square!
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very friendly staff, modern and very clean. I stayed here while visiting family, and the hotel I usually stay at was booked, so we came across this hotel around midnight. I really like this hotel and it is priced right. The neighborhood is shady and I was worried about my vehicle, but I was fortunate enough to find a parking space right on the street. The location is the only reason I didn't give this hotel a 5. It's not a horrible neighborhood, just a little shady, but this was not reflective in any way, shape or form for the hotel. Be careful with the breakfast voucher though. First of all, I thought it was awesome that the hotel gives this voucher and they clearly explained it. When my family and I went to the restaurant, they explained that the voucher was worth $4.00, and she said that the breakfast buffet was $4.50. I said, I'll spend an extra 50 cents per person, it turned out to be $4.50 on top of the $4.00, so between that and drinks, it came out to be $27.00. Still not bad, but unexpected, just something for you to be aware of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and their sincere effort to make you feel welcome here in the heart of Zion's historic business district. As a new addition to the downtown area, we are delighted you chose to stay with us and sincerely hope you will consider a return visit after our restaurant is open later this year. In the interim, to support our neighboring businesses and provide our guests with a far greater variety of dining options than the typical hotel continental breakfast fare, we offer a meal inclusive rate voucher. This is accepted at area restaurants for several prechosen entrees, however, a buffet would likely be at an additional cost. I truly do apologize for not conveying this more clearly during your stay and we will absolutely strive to do better now that you've helped us to understand the potential for confusion. Again, thank you for sharing your impressions of the hotel overall and know we look forward to seeing you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I really enjoy this hotel. It is always clean and comfortable. This was better than some of the 4 star hotels I have stayed at in larger markets.. Those of us who are traveling to the area already have issues we are facing. It is very pleasant not to need to worry about the hotel room, safety, and comfort. The lobby is beautiful. The rooms are very clean. They didn't have dark bedding to hide the dirt. Will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We are so pleased that we were able to make your recent stay with us a pleasant one in spite of the circumstances that brought you to the beautiful City of Zion. We want you to know we are here to encourage you and your family throughout your remarkable journey here and thank you for your kind remarks. They will be deeply appreciated by our entire team that takes great pride in being part of Market Square. Please take care and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to The Inn at Market Square? Share your experiences!