“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yorkville
Sycamore, Illinois
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed as a large group (10) of family and friends of family during a 2-day trip to Raging Waves. I was unaware that the hotel has packages including tickets to the water park, but the desk clerk told me about it. We had 2 adults and 8 children ranging in age from 4 months to 17 years in 3 rooms. The rooms were clean and new-looking, with spotless furnishings. One teenager was accidently locked out by his roommates which unfortunately caused an early morning ruckus for us and other guests....my apologies. Free breakfast choices included eggs, bacon, waffles, and much-welcome bowel of fresh peeled citrus and pineapple. Check in and checkout were rapid and friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone interested in a two-day holiday at Raging Waves or visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bartonville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel was close to the water park which we loved so it kept our kids calm. The room was great all except for the smell of it, it smelled like somone had smoked in there before. overall good stay.

algonquin, il, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stay with a group of friends at this hotel every year. This hotel has always been great. We plan to return at the same time next year. We try to stay at a Hampton when ever we travel. Our experience with Hampton has always top notch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Since last staying at the Hampton Inn in Yorkville, I have to say it was not as comfy or satisfactory as in the past. I put down a review of "average" but in the hit & miss option, the misses make it a "poor" choice but because they have some other good points it is considered average.

The good things: The front office staff was helpful and professional. They were having some difficulty with the internet service but we were informed and it was resolved during my stay.

The property was clean and well maintained which is a "hit".

But... they have removed any type of comfortable chair from all of their rooms which made for a very uncomfortable evening for me. After a long day on the road, I like to sit in a nice chair with a foot stool and relax. What they provide is a large space with a small floor lamp and dining room type of straight backed chair. Who wants to sit in that and relax? For me, to sit on the bed is not comfortable or relaxing if I am not ready for sleeping. Not certain why they have done this but it is a "miss" in the Hit & Miss for a good property. Perhaps rethinking the decision would be appropriate. If just dropping in for the night, hitting the bed and moving along, then you won't be disappointed.

Another "miss" is that they do not serve real 1/2 & 1/2 with the coffee in the breakfast area but the chemical whiteners which in my mind are awful. A choice of both would be nice because some customers do want real 1/2 & 1/2. Another "miss" for me.

Another "miss": When there, I also took advantage of the pool and spa. The pool was quite cloudy - which was not especially comforting to me. Not sure why but it should be addressed.

With these issues in mind, I probably will not stay in Yorkville at this particular HI when in the area again even though it is not a bad property overall.

Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed at this Hampton for one night great service, general manager was working evening shift. Room was a two queens sized beds, small refrigerator, large flat screen television. Very clean great location

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, N.C., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I came to my grandaughters high scholl graduation. Enjoy spending time with my family. They enoyed the pool. The room was excellant. Very quiet and clean. I have stayed there before on our move to North Carolina. We used tolive in Sugar Grove.

Belleville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Our most recent stay here was one of the worst nights I can recall. A group of around 20 rented one room and were doing drugs and yelling in the middle of the night. It was reported to management but they didn't respond so police were called. That solved the problem.
Hotel is nice and very comfortable but that is the second time we stayed there and had problems with guest noise at night. We did get our money back on our most recent stay but would have preferred to enjoy a good nights sleep.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Yorkville? Share your experiences!