“best western, woodstock,illinois” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Woodstock
Davis, Illinois
“best western, woodstock,illinois”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

my wife and I stayed here july 16 thru the 19 and were very impressed with the service we had received by their courteous staff and room
cleanliness.
the breakfast was well tended to and ample variety.
the day we checked out was extremely hot and we asked if we could return to retrieve our belongings from another room that the staff allowed us to leave them in which by letting us use saved some of the item we would have lost is super heated vehicle.
the staff was very understanding of that in doing so and that was very appreciated by us.
if we are in this area again we would definitely to this best western , Woodstock,il
jerry & dottie

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Julie D, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Woodstock Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Gerald Davis,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. WeHope you will come back and see us again soon.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 815 337-0065
Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Woodstock Inn for your traveling needs. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
STERLING
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a very nice stay in Woodstock. Checked out the town on our downtime. Coleman's restaurant was wonderful and friendly. Our son enjoyed the pool. Brothers restaurant in front of the hotel was a great place for breakfast. The rooms were very nice and comfortable, but think it is time for some new mattresses. Having a microwave and refrigerator were a delight for our extended stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

45 minute check-in b/c they couldn't find reservation (at 2am with an infant, my mother on a walker, and my aunt that walks with a cane). I requested at least one 1st floor room for my aunt and mother but they didn't have it available when we arrived (probably b/c they couldn't find my reservation). I received an alert on my credit card the next morning and realized that the person that checked us in authorized the room 5 different times (5 different transactions). I then had to call my bank and work with the hotel to reverse the authorization hold/charges. The beds in one of the rooms had metal sticking out from the bed frame (not so fun when you have a newly walking infant) ((we were told maintenance would fix that issue after we checked-out)). I could go on and on... Stay somewhere else if you want to be able to relax.

• Stayed June 2013
Julie D, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Woodstock Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days for our son's wedding in April 2013. Also, there was a block of rooms reserved for the wedding guests. At the last minute, the plans fell through for the rehearsal dinner at another facility and we were able to rent the conference room @the Best Western. The staff at the hotel could not be any more accommodating and helpful to us. They were always friendly and pleasant and helped make the rehearsal dinner go smoothly!
Our room was very nice and clean. Also, the pool area was very well kept and clean.
The hotel provided a shuttle service from the hotel to the wedding reception for guests and everyone involved really liked that service...all said, we'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

On Thursday, April 25 through Sunday, April 28th, I stayed at this hotel along with 40 other family members. This is the hotel we chose to block rooms in for our wedding weekend. As we were coming from out of town, we had a total of 20 rooms blocked for our event. We also rented the conference room 8 months in advance for Saturday and Sunday. We intended to get ready in the room Saturday before the wedding and on Sunday we had a catered breakfast for our family members that stayed over. In theory, this sounds great. However, time after time we were disappointed by this hotel and staff.

1) We signed a contract outlining our shuttle times to and from our reception site. The shuttle did not show in the evening when it was time to pick up our guests until we called and complained.

2) Thursday evening, one of my guest's rooms were broken into and his iPad was stolen. They are still investigating other thefts that took place that weekend as well.

3) the conference room was double booked on Saturday morning. While my bridesmaids and I were getting ready with our hair and make-up team, we were constantly interrupted by businessmen claiming they had booked this space. We were given permission to decorate the space Friday evening, but on Saturday night, there was another party, so all of our decorations were taken down and trashed.

4) When we returned from our wedding Saturday night, the kegger that took place in the conference room had drifted into the parking lot. There were approximately 50 people drinking and listening to music in the parking lot as they were NOT guests of the hotel.

5) This loud noise kept all of our guests on the first floor awake.

6) We had 2 or 3 rooms in our block that wanted to take advantage of a one hour late checkout. We were informed that this would be a $20 fee per hour.

7) On Saturday, my bridesmaids and I were forced to checkout right at 11, although we wanted to pay for late checkout. This was because someone else was checking in early. This someone else was my grandma- I don't know why the hotel staff did not realize we had the same last name.

8) Lastly, I addressed all of these concerns with the hotel staff handling my stay. I was informed they would get in touch with the owner and get back to me. 4 weeks passed and I heard nothing.

9) I called yesterday to follow up and was told someone would call me back. This did not happen.

10) Finally, I spoke with the marketing manager today who said she would pass off my information to the owner. Hopefully it doesn't take another month to hear back.

All in all, I am highly disappointed in the things that happened during my stay. I understand mistakes, like double booking or a confused shuttle time, happen, but the Best Western staff had every opportunity to rectify these situations with me. Instead- almost every employee pointed their finger at someone else and gave me no answers.

I will not be staying here ever again and I urge no one to stay here either. After seeing how they rent out the conference room to people wanting to have keggers, I would say this is NOT a family friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed four days in late April. What a pleasant experience. The staff, the room were great. If you have not been here in the last year, come now. New management and the cleanest rooms we have ever had. Close to shopping and downtown. When returning to area we will certainly stay here again and we are picky, picky, picky.

Room Tip: Way above average restaurant on site. Two others walking distance. Close to nw hwy.