“Ground Hog Day visit to Woodstock” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bundling Board Inn

Bundling Board Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Bundling Board Inn
You added Bundling Board Inn to your Saves list
220 East South St., Woodstock, IL 60098   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Wisconsin
“Ground Hog Day visit to Woodstock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Merida, Russell and Inn mascot, Bruno, welcomed us with open arms and paws. Our room was very charming and cozy. Merida is quite the baker and provided us with cookies and refreshments throughout our stay. The breakfast was definitely the meal one typically doesn't take the time to make at home. Praline french toast and an egg souffle dish accompanied by sausages. Breakfast is served on fine chiina and the bed linens are hand ironed. Any dietary restrictions are taken into account. Bruno was adopted when a friend of their's became ill. He is an adorable little dog who did not bark but would lovingly approach you if you beckoned him. I just wanted to put Bruno in my suitcase. A lot of love is put into this inn and I wish Merida and Russell continued success. Take a trip to Woodstock and enjoy all the historical sites, shops, and great dining. I'm certain that it's just as lovely during the other seasons.
Thank you for a memorable event.

Mary H. Olson
Hartland WI

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Elk Grove Village IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at the Inn for our anniversary this past weekend. This was our third or fourth stay at the Inn. The hosts, Merida and Russell were very welcoming as usual. Our room was spotless. We found home made brownies on the counter after we returned to the Inn after dinner. Breakfast was over the top the next morning and service was excellent. We were the only couple there last weekend and had the run of the place. Snacks at night, free wi-fi, a great breakfast and a spiffy room; can't be beat. The Inn is a short walk to the Woodstock Square full of neat shops, movies, the whole nine yards. The Square is pretty as a picture.

Room Tip: The Mildred Deslippe room is our favorite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I don't drive, so I can't go to Wisconsin or Michigan for a weekend getaway. Googling towns along the Metra lead me to Woodstock, IL, and the short distance from the Woodstock train station had me sold on Bundling Board. Our room was shabby chic as a B&B should be and our breakfast was a homemade delight. A short walk to the town square and reservations at La Creperie made for the perfect relaxing weekend away from the city. It was so hot the July weekend we went that the owners even picked us up from the train station and dropped us off - I mean really, how much more convenient can a vacation get for busy people who want to turn their brains and bodies off for a couple days.

Room Tip: If you're like me and too lazy to go up the stairs and want easy access to cookies and refreshme...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

My husband surprised me with a birthday overnight at the Bundling Board Inn. The Inn is cozy, with many little delights and surprises around each corner. We stayed in the Mildred Deslippe Room; it has an attached private bathroom with shower with the washstand in the room itself. Please let the hosts turn down your bed linens for you as the coverlet on the bed at your arrival is a cherished (and beautiful) antique. Be sure to read the scrapbook in the room explaining who Mildred was and when and where she lived.

Room Tip: A drawback is the noise of traffic on nearby streets and trains on nearby tracks; if you are a sensi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
McHenry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I wanted to do something special for my wife's recent birthday (it being a milestone), and as we're both fond of B&B's, I made arrangements at the Bundling Board Inn, which we've wanted to visit for a while.

There's something nice about being greeted by name, as I was by Merida Johns, who runs the place with her husband Russell. They introduced us to a very friendly dog named Bruno and welcomed us to sample some excellent trail mix brownies.

After taking the tour of the place, we were put into the small but utterly comfortable Mildred Deslippe Room, where a vase of birthday roses sat ready to greet my wife. After we came back from an evening's stroll through the Square (and dinner at an exceptionally good restaurant), we found the bed turned down and fragrant rose petals strewn upon the sheets.

Before turning in, we spent some time in the parlor, reading up on the history of Woodstock in general and the Inn in particular as we enjoyed some tea and another brownie or two.

After a refreshing sleep, breakfast was blueberry pancakes, a sort of mini-quiche, and sausages, complimented by fruit smoothies, coffee for my wife, and tea for me. Merida sat and chatted with us for a while, and we really had a pleasant time.

We thank the Johnses for their hospitality and kindness (especially in sending us on our way with a bag of those same brownies!), and will definitely return to the Bundling Board someday!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of three rooms, all of which are charming and filled with all manner of vintage boo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I had a meeting in Woodstock that began early on a Saturday morning, so chose to drive out from Chicago and spend the previous afternoon and evening there. The hosts of Bundling Board greeted us warmly, didn't detain us when we wanted to race right out and go antiquing before all the stores closed, and had turned down our beds and left delicious brownies for us to munch on when we got home from dinner. Breakfast was delicious (fruit, pancakes, sausage, fruit smoothies, all dressed up with little touches like pecan butter and honey-infused yoghurt) and served without complaint an hour before their usual schedule to accommodate my needs. We enjoyed chatting with perhaps the only two Democrats in McHenry County, and were grateful for the snack they handed us on our way out the door: more home-made brownies.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this B&B for a family reunion in the Woodstock area. We had previously stayed at the Hampton Inn, but when they jacked their room rate from $105 to $139 in one year, I started looking elsewhere and found this place. It was cheaper, nicer, more comfortable, and exceeded all our expectations. We stayed in the Mildred Deslippe room on the first floor. Our hosts, Merida and Russell, provided a gluten free menu for my wife, a bouquet of roses for our room on arrival, the high speed internet really was high speed and worked, and tea and snacks were available in the evening when we returned from our day's activities. The inn is within walking distance to the Woodstock town square. We attended a farmer's market on Saturday, a church down the street on Sunday morning, and a concert in the opera house on Sunday afternoon.. The level of personal service from Merida and Russell far exceeded anything we could expect at a chain motel. The breakfasts were truly gourmet delights, served in a dining room filled with pictures of her family and historical objects from the Woodstock past. We learned a lot about the area and the owner's family, and the history of the house and its renovation. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic couples getaway in a house with an interesting history, this is the place. We will definitely return in the future. Thank you Merida and Russell for your hospitality

Room Tip: It is a small B &B, limited to, I believe, 3 or 4 guest rooms. We like the first floor room bes...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bundling Board Inn? Share your experiences!