“Love the Margaritaville feel to deck eating” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: ]
Description: ]
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
“Love the Margaritaville feel to deck eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is not my favorite restaurant for food in the Woodstock area, but it is my favorite for outdoor eating. I don't like eating inside because the actual dining room area is drab and uncomfortable to me. The bar area is more aesthetically pleasing, but gets waaaaaayyyyy too noisy and the tables are just too close together. But, where Coleman's shines is the outdoor eating deck and bar. The bar is a thatch roofed delight with about 10 stools, and a great view of the sand volleyball pit. This used to be our go to place for "train buddies" stop off for one drink nights. It is a sports bar, so service can get a little limp, but I've never had any reason to complain. They work hard and try to keep up, but it can get very busy so a little patience goes a long way. The servers are efficient and friendly, and I've seen the owner bustling around bringing out food, so everyone pitches in. Their pizza is terrific, and the burgers are great. I've never had a bad meal there, but the food doesn't really stand out either. No matter......highly recommended for the outdoor eating experience...I feel like I'm on vacation in Margaritaville!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Woodstock, Illinois
“Poor service undermined strong points”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My date and I visited on a Friday night and were ignored when we waited for a seat in the dining room. We gave up and ate in the bar. My date had all-you-can-eat fish and I had a burger. The food was good, and the atmosphere was comfortably casual, but the waitress never came back. No seconds on the fish, no second drinks, and no water. The lack of service will prevent my return in the near future.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere