You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 N. Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191 (Formerly Wyndham Garden)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
A TripAdvisor Member
“business stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As a whole the stay was decent for the dollar value. Very clean, room service was fast but was the equivalent of a fast food restaurant quality meal However the walls are paper thin and I heard every word from my neighbor. I love the Hilton Chains but feel that the doubletree brand is somewhat overrated.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I apprecaite the feedback and assure you that we take all of our customer reviews very seriously. I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. Please accept my apologiez and be assured that I will share your comments with our department supervisors.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great hotel for price and service. Extremely quiet and peaceful with wonderful staff. I use this hotel frequently for travel and leisure and usually have a good experience. Very clean and good amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoy your stays with us. Please come back soon . We appreciate your business!
Tucson, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hopefully this tired property will get a face lift soon and they will buy new beds. Mine felt like a big hole in the middle and had no support. I guess I have been spoiled with the Hilton Garden Inn Beds and Heavenly Beds at the Westin. If you want to swim for exercise.... make sure you call ahead and check the pool maintenance schedule. While I was there... they said it was ok to swim, but the chemicals just shocked the pool. The water was cloudy and had a strong smell. The young woman at the front desk had no clue about pools and did not offer anyone who did. This is not your typical Double Tree Property. It is tired and worn out. Hopefully a face lift soon. In the mean time plenty of properties in the same area with the same price point with great beds and pools!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Our guests comments, both positive and negative assist us in evaluating the service we provide and allow us to continually improve our performance. We are quite concerned whenever our guests are less than 100 percent satisfied with their stay and always try to make it right when a problem arises. Clearly your stay was not up to the standards we have set for ourselves, nor what our guests have come to expect.

I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. In regards to your comments about our property needing a face lift---we're already on our way. Our guest room renovation will be completed this month.

Sincerely
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was returning from the NHRA race in Indy and needed a place to stay before my morning flight. This hotel has a beautiful setting and is in the midst of being rehabbed and modernized. The lobby is gorgeous and the room we had was very nice. The hotel originally tried to relegate me to a handicap room (no thanks pal) but made it right for me in the end. The staff is very accommodating and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. Yes, I'd go back.

Room Tip: rooms closer to the street seem to be a bit more quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We will be here when you need us. We look forward to seeing you soon !
Davenport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Check in was easy and pleasant, overall quality of the hotel and room was top notch. Breakfast was good with a lot of variety. The hotel store carried a little bit of everything. Plenty of USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. Was greeted at arrival and departure from hotel, nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back soon. We appreciate your business!
Pleasant Plains, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a great stay, this past weekend, it was our 2nd time staying at the Doubletree in Wood Dale-we were there with my daughters soccer team for a local soccer tournament and it met all our requirements. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us...again. We look forward to seeing you soon !
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Suites are great and give you a bit more space. We stay here for the balcony (fresh air!), clean rooms, location to Schaumburg and great restaurants. My husband and I had this hotel for our wedding party (not the actual wedding, but as a place for out of town guests to stay- including us, the newlyweds!) and have gone back evey year for our anniversary. It's now our 9th anniversary- and we're staying here again! Staff is nice, pool is great, rooms are clean and we recommend it as a nice getaway.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra cost. When you enter the suite, there's a sitting room with a des...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for including us in your anniversary celebrations each year. We look forward to seeing you next time...but please note...you dont have to wait for your anniversary to visit !

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!