“They don't understand the meaning of the term 'reservation'” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 N. Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191 (Formerly Wyndham Garden)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Top Golf Package
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Cincinnati
“They don't understand the meaning of the term 'reservation'”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I booked this hotel a couple days before traveling, and arrived at about 8:30 PM. I was informed that there were no available non-smoking rooms at check-in, and was offered a smoking room, which smelled terrible. I verified that my reservation was received, as it was confirmed for a non-smoking, king room. I was told that available rooms could be reassigned based on status, and watched as two people arriving behind me were able to check in to suddenly available non-smoking rooms. The Hyatt just down the street was happy to accommodate for a similar rate. Book at your own risk, unless you're a silver, gold, or diamond member.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I truly apologize if we were not able to accommodate you in the room you had originally requested. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and sincerely apologize if this caused you and inconvenience.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Room needed updating, windows and curtains, bathroom venting and lighting.
Cheap enough and worked out fine, but it is time to spend some money on the place.
Pillows were way to soft, hard to get comfortable, bed was good, location was good for what I needed that weekend.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces the west, no curtain so the sun woke us up in the morning way to early for a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write. I appreciate your comments and your business.
With our lobby renovations completed we will now focus on the other areas of the hotel.
I hope that you will have opportunity to stay with us again in the very near future and see the changes we are making in our hallways and guest rooms.
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for seven years now on business. I had started to look a little outdatded but the price was right, the staff was excellent and the food (especially breakfast) was very good. The have recently finished a remodling of the common areas and there are internet bars in several locations. Plenty of room to sit and worki in the common areas if you don't want to sit in your room. Some of the wait and kitchen staff have been there for 10 or more years and the quality of service really shows.

Room Tip: Get a room with access to the courtyard. Nice views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share them with our staff.
Please stop in and see us again during your next trip to Chicagoland.
I appreciate your business !!
Niagara Falls, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Price was very reasonable. However, there were some minor issues we noted. The closet door was sticking. Most likely from the building shifting but still an annoyance. Could use new carpeting throughout the whole building. Found a raisin from a previous occupant on the floor. Vacuum must have missed it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you found prices to be reasonable. However, I understand that you found some areas of our property to be dated and in need of renovations. I am so sorry that closet door was not closing properly. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I am happy to say that our guest room carpeting is being replaced soon as the next phase of our upgrade schedule.
Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel did not make a good first impression. I arrived after dark and the entrance was poorly lit. The lobby felt rather gloomy . (I guess they were going for mood.) A closer look showed some good touches - it must have been renovated recently - I decided it wasn't bad. The folks at the front desk were cheerful and friendly and welcoming. There must be quite a few regulars around here because they were being greeted like old friends. I liked that.

There is plenty to like about this hotel. I liked the layout of my junior suite (Rm 216). It had a separate living room with a small sofa that pulls out to a twin bed. Dark furniture, understated room colors, comfortable bed. The whole place was a good size where you can spread out and work in a space separate from the bedroom (which was really quiet - I slept well). I liked the "apartment" feel of it. However: (1) The wallpaper in the bedroom was lumpy in spots - could be a sign of water damage. (2) The bathroom needed some TLC. That tile had some pretty grungy looking grout, and the ceiling looked like it had been cut open and repaired with a very bad patch job.

I was too lazy to find a nearby restaurant so I had dinner at the in-house restaurant. The steak was pretty good. The bread pudding was not. And the service, although friendly, was agonizingly slow. Aside from me, there were only four other diners - so I didn't see why the kitchen would be slammed. The breakfast buffet had the usual items, but I liked the way it was presented. (But they need a new supplier for croissants. They were not that good.)

Overall, I think this is a good hotel for business travel. However there are a few things they need to improve on.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue providing our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Breakfast at Hampton is as good and no tip required. It is a buffet but without the coffee which a server will serve you. The rooms were very clean. Two treadmills, a bike and crosstrainer eliptical along with free weights in fitness room. One of the treadmills was not working when I was there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write and tell us of your recent stay. I appreciate your business and your comments.
Please be assured that we do not require gratuities for our staff, however we have received inquiries asking if it is permissible for our guests to reward our servers for their excellent service and we do allow that.
Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding the treadmill. We have had the machine checked and all are in fine working order.
I do hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Wood Dale area.
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I wasn't expecting the hotel to be as nice as it was, so was very pleased when I walked into the lobby and saw how beautiful everything was. I am thinking they have recently renovated. They were installing carpet in one of the hallways during my stay. My room was comfortable, ample room in the bathroom, and the shower was nice. The hotel is within easy driving distance to restaurants, shopping, and events. I was there on business, but would stay again when traveling for pleasure. The pool is GREAT, especially if you like to swim laps. It was one of the nicest hotel pools I have seen, and had a warm spa next to it. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
My only issue was that the heater was blowing straight up into the curtains, so I had to devise a way to get the curtain out of the way. Also, I had a very noisy neighbor, but that can happen anywhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!