“Nice cozy and comfortable place to get away from the city life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 N. Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191 (Formerly Wyndham Garden)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
“Nice cozy and comfortable place to get away from the city life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Given the renovation. We had a great experience. It was nice to get away from the city traffic and noise.

I love the warm cookies. When you checkin.

The room that we stayed in was more like a mini suite. It felt really warm and cozy. The bed was SUPER comfortable.

The pool area was great including that it has a hot tub.

Overall great experience would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hotel is under renovation of the lobby and restaurants, it was in total chaos. I wonder why hotels find it necessary to update their lobbies and restaurants when the rooms need updating? Service was terrible in the restaurants, the staff was unresponsive to broken equipment in the fitness center, and rooms need updating. Worn carpets, holes in wall, repairs done poorly. Will not return. Concur did not list a remodel taking place, and most hotels will discount rates during renovations, not this one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Sept 20, 2012- stayed at this hotel expecting Hilton standards and got nothing of the sort. The hotel is in the middle of an industrial park with NOTHING around. The entire front of the hotel is boarded up under renovation and looks abandoned. You have to enter thru a scary side entrance that is poorly lit. The rooms are older and smell like an older hotel. I called Hilton guest relations and they were kind enough to transfer my reservations to the Hampton Inn Chicago O'Hare for the duration of my trip. Go there instead.

Room Tip: If you are planning to stay at this hotel. ask for a room far away from the drilling or you will be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great hotel just outside the downtown area. The hotel lobby and front entrance area was under construction. We didn't hear any noise at all. The kids loved the pool and exercise room. Shopping malls are just a short drive away. You need a car here but the rate is excellent for the quality of the hotel. We have stayed there twice before and will keep returning when we need a place in Chicago that is not in the core.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Midwest Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel lobby was under construction, but it wasn't an inconvenience. The rooms were average, while the hotel looked a little dated. The location is good if you have a car, but if not there is nothing within walking distance. The staff was awesome - super friendly and helpful.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Excelsior, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I see other reviews that mention the construction and yes, they did have the front desk in a hotel room. It was well marked. The only thing about it that I found difficult was the regular door instead of a wider one like a regular lobby has when dealing with luggage. But it wasn't a problem really. I thought the hotel wasn't in that bad of condition. Everything was clean. My room was lovely. The hotel staff was VERY nice to me. The Internet was slowish but they are upgrading that also. When I asked about Internet access, they offered it to me for free, and that was before I found out it was slower. It wasn't that bad at all; I have been places where the Internet is much worse. I was just uploading pictures from my camera which is more demanding than most tasks.

The location was perfect for me because of where I was going. It is in a business park, with office buildings all around. It is not on a main drag and my GPS took me there in the most obtuse way. When I knew where it was, when I went out for dinner, I came back a much more direct route. I think they have a restaurant but I did not go there. There are not any restaurants right there, but a couple miles away. It is only about 5 miles south of Wood dale mall area where there are thousands of options. The pool / hot tub looked great but I didn't have time for that or to check out if they had a fitness area, which I would usually do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ashburn, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My company put me up in this hotel and on arrival, I found the lobby/lounge area closed for renovations. Front desk was in a hotel room. Huh? That's your backup plan during a lobby remodel?

Carpet leading to my room on the second floor was full of stains - many quite large. Wallpaper was peeling around the window in my room and the shower head sprayed a solid stream of water (like that from an open garden hose) which I didn't find out about until I needed to take a shower on my first morning. I let the front desk know and the shower head was changed out very quickly. My co-worker advised me that the commode in his room ran continuously and the front desk did not have it repaired while we were there.

I was surprised that any hotel with the Hilton name on it would be in such desparate need of repair. Mind you, the lobby was being renovated so I can only guess that the hallways and rooms will be next. That having been said, I would call ahead to ensure all remodeling has been completed before booking a room here.

To be fair, the staff was wonderfully nice - very, very nice folks! Food in the restaurant was good as was the breakfast buffet each morning. Bed/pillows were VERY comfortable and the room was clean. Place was simply dated and showing it's age.

Room Tip: Only book here if they can assure that the entire property has been renovated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CCaskeyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff; each who possess a genuine desire to provide excellent service and I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with their assistance.
Our renovations for the front desk, lobby, restaurant and lounge are well underway and I am pleased to say on target for completion September 23rd. The corridors and guest rooms will indeed follow.
I hope that you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay with us and that you will visit us in the near future to see the completion of our renovations.
Please feel free to call me at anytime if you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!