“Not to Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
Hughes Springs, Texas
“Not to Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Been here a week, the room was clean and they respected my privacy. This means a lot to me! The price was OK for the room. Very close to many eating places and my job. Haven't eaten the breakfast yet so not sure how it is, will try in the morning as it will be my last day at this motel. Haven't used the pool but it looks clean and well maintained. I requested a ground floor at check-in and got what I wanted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Portland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

So my daughter manages a Super 8 in Michigan, so we went to Chicago for a family trip and she got both of us a room on her discount. We get there and they didn't want to give us the discount , then they were not going to let us use my credit card to pay for it after we already booked the room with it and my daughters boss confirmed it was okay to do. My daughters boyfriend met us there and the manager was very rude to him very uncalled for. My daughter said to the manager, I would never talk to her customers like he did to her boyfriend and us telling her boyfriend to mind his own business after her asked him a simple question. That is not a very good first impression for a Hotel having rude employee's and manager. Then we reserved 2 rooms with both having 1 king size bed and mine was a single instead of a king, which we had to go tell them about then when I did get the right room the lock on the bathroom was broke and they did not have no Do Not Disturb signs, they had coffee but no creamer or sugar in the room, no refrigerators or microwaves in the room. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

O'Fallon, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've stayed at Super 8 Hotels in the past. We've always found them to be a sufficient place to stay when we just need to sleep for one night. I would consider this Super 8 to be sub par. The room was clean enough but it seemed dirty from ill repair. It was strange that the beds were so low with the top of the mattresses being well below the bottom of the wall mounted head board. The bed blankets had small holes in them. Raise the beds and use newer blankets and perhaps the ill repair and extremely old furniture would not have been so noticable. Being an owner of rental property, I know the cost to repair things can get unbearable. The problems I saw were simply cosmetic and could have been easily repaired at low cost. For example, the shower curtain rod had been moved 3 inches over due to stripped screws. A completely different paint color was exposed and hadn't been painted. Wouldn't take much to fill the screw holes to repair the drywall and then paint. The carpet was good. I didn't mind the ancient TV. The Pool looked fine but it rained that day. Even though it was rainy, we didn't see a single critter in our room. This Hotel is in a nice area. Many of the businesses and Restaurants seemed new.
The morning staff was friendly and I noticed the Desk clerk cleaned the breakfast areas often.
We paid $70 which was the best price around. We didn't stay here a second night because we were able to get a $70 deal on a room at the Stays Inn in Lombard, which we ended up liking alot. Typically a $90 room and no pool though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Motel

Address: 820 West 79th Street, Rt 83 - Kingery Rd & I-55, Willowbrook, IL 60527
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Willowbrook
Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Willowbrook
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Willowbrook
Willowbrook Super 8
Willowbrook Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.