“Excellent Beach Access and Incredible Pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ananda Resort

You added Ananda Resort to your Saves list
Ananda Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet Mui Ne, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Ham Tien
“Excellent Beach Access and Incredible Pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I have traveled to Vietnam five times yet never had time for the coast. This trip's schedule changed and I decided to hit the beach. Ananda is the size I wanted and in a stretch of beach wide enough for walking or activities. The view from the infinity pool of the white umbrellas under the palms with the blue sky in the background is extremely memorable. I found the food well prepared and the staff working to make everything wonderful for the guests.

Why only 4 stars when it sounds like a 5 star place?
My only complaint that I think could be considered to improve the experience, would be to clean or replace the air conditioners. I stayed in the one of the beach front bungalows and the mildew-like smell was overwhelming each time I reinterred the space. I didn't say anything until my departure fearing a heavy-handed air freshened would be the solution.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Laurent B, Manager at Ananda Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thanks for your feedback on your stay at Ananda Resort, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have investigated the issue with the air-conditioner in your room, because all airconditioning units are less than a year old (we opened the resort only in November last year). Since we were not able to detect any mildew-like smell, it could well be that during the rare rainy days, the scent from the tropical palm trees/plants may go into the room. We'll watch this carefully.

Thanks again, and our staff and I would be happy to welcome you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

First and foremost, the staff was excellent! They were very friendly and catered to all our needs. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to book a tour since it was last minute on a Saturday morning, but lo and behold, they were able to have two jeeps arrive within half an hour. I also really appreciated the birthday cake surprise upon arrival!

The resort is right on the beach and just a few steps from the infinity pool if you have a beachfront bungalow. And it's in a centralized location so you can walk to many nearby areas (or cheap cap fare away).

The view from the beachfront room was great and so is the waking up to the sound of waves. However, the room itself is a bit small and the restaurant was adequate, but they were both what I expected from a 3-star hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Laurent B, Manager at Ananda Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your feedback and are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Ananda Resort.

I certainly will convey your compliments to our staff; they are indeed working hard to accommodate our guests' wishes!

We wish you all the best and safe travels!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed Eight days and wish it could have been longer. the staff were just fantastic and went out of their way to help. The price was cheap but the resort was much better, the manager was a very down to earth guy and we had a great chat one night. I would recommend Ananda Resort to anyone who was going to Mui Ne. from the very start we were made to feel at home and no question was too hard. the rooms are clean and comfortable and the food and drinks were very nice. We had a great time there. the only issue was the hot water took a while to come through and was not that hot , but it was 30 + degrees so it was not a really big issue. The pool was just Great .

Room Tip: beach front bungalows are right beside the pool but we had them and they were quiet and great rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Laurent B, Manager at Ananda Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments, and we are glad you enjoyed staying with us.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed in a lovely beachfront bungalow here. It was more like a poolside bungalow but you could still see the beach just beyond the pool. The room was very nice and clean and service by Suyaka, the receptionist, was excellent. The rooms back from the beach are cheaper but still a short walk away

Stayed July 2014
Laurent B, Manager at Ananda Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments, and we are glad you enjoyed staying with us. We have passed your compliments to our front office staff.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again!
Hoi An, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place has some good aspects, like its layout and location close to the beach and its pool, some excellent aspects like its staff, especially the restaurant staff, but I think it is dishonest to rent someone a room right next to a construction site without first advising them. They are creating new units and I had the misfortune to strike being right next door to a building site (see photo). The manager stated that their aim is for people to have a quiet and peaceful time yet this is hardly possible when they start banging on your wall early in the morning and continue until sunset. When I asked about this all I got was a shrug of the shoulders, after all I paid in advance through Agoda so I had no comeback. Had I not prepaid I would have moved. If you are contemplating staying here I would ask first about your room location in relation to their ongoing noisy construction work. I have been busy with a rigorous schedule travelling around the country with my work for more than two months and was looking forward to a relaxing break, which didn’t happen. Also we had a downpour the last night of my stay and there were leaks. Only the staff saved this place from a worse rating. I expect they will say the stay was discounted but at $50 a night, top dollar in Vietnam, you don’t expect someone hammering on the wall, a workman having his midday nap on your outdoor furniture, nor being rammed in the leg by a barrow full of bricks. It’s a shame because the place has potential

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Laurent B, Manager at Ananda Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments, and the compliments for our staff has been passed on.

We do apologize for the inconvenience from some construction and renovation work that you had. We are aware how important a relaxed ambiance is for our guests. We once again instructed the construction company to start work after 9am and to end at 5pm; that's when our guests are usually out and about.

The construction is almost finished by now, and we hope that we can provide you with a truly relaxing and tranquil atmosphere during a future visit.
Maribor, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hotel/bungalows are nice, equipment new and modern. Bungalws are nice size, bathroom really beautiful. The owner and staff very friendly, trying to satisfy customers all the time (we had to call a doctor and tbey were quick and checing on us afterwards too. Pool beautiful, beach nice and clean. Safe in each room is a plus. Wifi is working good all over the place. Well maintained and new (right now building some more rooms, so be carefull where they want to put you if you don't want workers in front of your room all.day).
The down sides are: not well washed bed linen and towels (stains not remowed properly), moschitos when sitting in front of the bungalows (they were spraying whole site, but can not really work having workers with water all over ghe place). Restaurant on the pool having high prices didn't convince us as you have shops and cheapper restaurants right acros the street. Not all of us are Australians or Russians to pay such prices (no offence).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Laurent B, Manager at Ananda Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments, and we are glad you enjoyed staying with us.

We do apologize that you had stains in your bed sheet. We have forwarded your comment to our dry-cleaning service with the objective to increase their quality of service. We also have instructed our housekeeping staff to watch more closely that bedding is always impeccable.

Again, mosquitoes are an issue in just about any tropical beach location in the world. We do implement some more intensive anti-mosquito measures (twice-weekly fogging, in-room anti-mosquito devices, mosquito nets on request). There are however limits imposed by environmental and health concerns. We do watch closely that there are no open water containers in order to avoid breeding of new mosquitoes.

Again, thanks for your comments and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again!
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nice garden, the Indonesian at receptionist was nice & friendly. Breakfast was limited of choice but just enough. Private beach was good for surfing & kiteboarding would be nice for you to try at US$60 per 15mins.
I've got 1 of the 4 beach front bungalow but it was little below my expectation. My room was behind the restaurant and I'm not sure if its smaller than the 3 others. The floor in bathroom was not in good maintenance but they said would repair soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Laurent B, Manager at Ananda Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We have given your compliments to our front office staff.

And yes--the terrazzo floors have already been redone, with beautiful tiles.

The use of Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) boards is, as always, free to our guests by the way.

We hope that you will try kitesurfing or flyboarding during your next visit ;-)

Been to Ananda Resort? Share your experiences!