“Heaven...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mia Resort Mui Ne

You added Mia Resort Mui Ne to your Saves list
Mia Resort Mui Ne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 Nguyen Dinh Chieu | Ham Tien, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet, Vietnam (Formerly Sailing Club Resort)   |
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Ham Tien
Brisbane, Australia
“Heaven...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say one bad thing about Mia so I will just write all of the good things...
If you want to splurge on your holiday, you must book room 52. It is right on the beach with no interference with the view which is not an easy thing to find in Mui Ne. So our view and the part of the beach that we were on, is far superior to other places. This is by far the best place I've ever stayed! The room was amazing, it was comfortable, large, luxurious... Just amazing.
The view... Spectacular. Who wouldn't want to wake up in the morning, open the door and have the beach right there!?
The resort was so beautiful we didn't want to leave. We left once to get some m&m's but we decided it was too nice to leave.
The food was amazing but I must write another review on the Sandals restaurant.
We found all of the prices to be very reasonable for the quality. The service was outstanding and the happy hour cocktails were a hit!
We had massages at the spa and the only let down was a bit of a below average pedicure but the facial and massage was heaven!

This is the best place in mui ne! Do not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Let's face it, our stay at the Mia Resort was lovely until the check out!
When I provided my credit card, at first they advised the transaction did not work and then when using another machine the staff advised me I had insufficient fund.
My husband ended up paying with his card. Once i checked my account, it was clear that the first transaction on my card had worked, I advised the staff at the reception and they said do not worry we have called our bank and we will look into it.
1 week later, after liaising between my bank, the hotel and checking my account daily, it has come to the point where I have sent a copy of my bank statement to prove to the resort that the money was transferred to their account.
The Mia Resort did not take this as a proof, they advised me that the cancellation had been made on my day of departure, end of story.
It has now gone to a dispute resolution with my bank, this situation is unacceptable, I do understand that it started from an innocent mistake, however the resort is not helping and causing me great inconvenience.
I truly hope that this situation resolves itself, but at the moment I just cannot recommend to stay at Mia Resort.

After posting this comment and advising the hotel that my bank was going to start the process of a dispute, the manager advised me that a refund was actioned. After more than a week, a lot of waist of time and energy trying to get my money back.. it finally has appeared in my account.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MiaMuiNe, Manager at Mia Resort Mui Ne, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Jenna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Mia Resort Mui Ne.
I am very surprised and disappointed to read your comment about “no refund” as we have been emailing with you since your departure and have explained you that the process of refunding to an overseas account takes a bit of time in Vietnam due to the various legal procedures set out by banks and the Vietnamese government. An email was sent to you on Wednesday 18.12 informing you that the refund transfer has been made on Monday 16.12 and the money should be available in you account.

Please understand that this was an innocent mistake made by our staff, but the fact that it took so long was out of our control.

I would very much appreciate it if you could re-evaluate your review to match your stay and experience at the resort

Thank you for your understanding and again our sincerest apologies for the double transaction.

Best regards

Lionel Gattoni
Resident Manager
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Mui ne for 2 weeks and finished off our holiday at the amazing Mia resort. Check in was a pleasure with a refreshing welcome drink and a scoop off delicious mango ice cream. Our room was beautiful. Perfectly groomed gardens greeted you in the morning when walking onto your balcony. All the staff is always friendly and I never felt that I was ever greeted with a pretentious " good morning sir ". The food at the resort is 5 star and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend Mia resort to anyone who travels to Mui Ne. Definitely would visit Mia again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JHB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Thank you Mia Mui Ne: We could not have asked for a better 4 day escape from travelling through Vietnam. Perfect Weather and the Beachfront Villa number 51 is a must. 2nd visit in 2 years and only getting better. Ordered their signature seared Tuna Sashimi and still my favorite. Lanh the waitress made our stay feel like home, please pass our thanks to Lanh for the excellent service and to the whole team at Mia.

Looking forward on our next visit.!!!!

Room Tip: Room recommendation: Beach front Villa
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Such a beautiful resort, great location right on the beach And close to many restaurants and bars. Though the restaurant Sandals at the resort was great a lot of variety in the menu. The breakfast was terrific and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The setting is very beautiful here a lot of greenery as well there are some geckos sometimes they can get into your room which is not a big deal unless your afraid if geckos. Loved our stay we would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

we arrived in this oasis after a long drive from Ho chi min city. The rooms are nice and clean, staff is thoughtful and the food is amazing!
our hubbies where playing a game with dice and the moment they took the dices out of the bag, the staff already arranged a small table for them. Also during diner, the moment your glass was almost empty, they where there to refill the water or to take a new order for drinks.

For us this was the final of our holiday and it exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend with our kids. Fantastic place. Great ambience, brilliant food, and excellent service. The children loved the pool and the beach. The hotel put on extra activities for children each day which was a bonus. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mia Resort Mui Ne? Share your experiences!