“Great hotel. Great value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

You added Blue Ocean Resort to your Saves list
Blue Ocean Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet, Vietnam   |
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Ham Tien
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Great hotel. Great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying at Blue Ocean for 5 nights. The food is very good. Especially the lunch & dinner at the restaurant. Pool and grounds are immaculate. Rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. Great value hotel. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2013
BlueOceanResortVN, Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear lcole114

Warm regards from Blue Ocean Family!
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and the tripadvisor community. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you want to come back in the future.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you again!
Greetings from Mui Ne – Phan Thiet
Your Blue Ocean Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We are Vietnamese. Our family have stayed at Blue Ocean resort on September 1st 2013. We booked 2 standard rooms through travel agent.The rooms are opposite the main street in Mui Ne but is not too noisy. Basically, the service is so good. Staffs always smile with guest - good points.The garden is very green, nice and tidy. The beach is so clean and have an rescuer. We book 2 rooms, #410 for my couple and #409 for my parent. #410 is good but #409 is too bad. This two rooms is not consistency. #409 there is not writing desk, there is not bedside lamp, there is only one bedside table (#409 there are 2), it is not a king size bed, actually that are two single bed joined. I think it is should not.
Breakfast is too bad. I don't know there is any difference between Vietnamese guest season and Western guests season but this day is Vietnamese public holiday, very high occupancy but there is few dishes. Salad did not have mayonnaise sauce (which I love).
We have requested 1 hour late check out free of charge because the bus will pick up late 1 hour but they refused. Late checkout charge will be apply. We were not satisfied about this. Fortunately, the bus picked up us on time.
On the whole, I love your resort. I hope next time when i come these things will be improved.
Best regards,
Mr. Tran Chi Ton
Email: tranchiton@yahoo.com.vn

Room Tip: Should chose Superior room and above. Standard room is not bright, opposite the street and don't...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Tran Chi Ton

Thank you for your valuable feedback and providing your email address. We have contacted you personally and are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Warm regards from sunny Mui Ne, Phan Thiet
Your Blue Ocean Family
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are here right know. THE hotel and grounds are really spacious and lovely. THE breakfast is more than oké. One of THE best we had so far. It is low season. So really quiet. We don't get verry happy about THE restaurants outside THE resort. THE whole athmosphere is totally different from THE rest of Vietnam. So we ate several times in the hotel restaurant. THE food is good. It is à shame they don't give or offer upgrades when the ressort is so quite.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear A B

It was a pleasure having you and your family staying with us! We thank you very much for leaving a review on tripadvisor to share your experience at Blue Ocean Resort. We are more than happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services and quality at Senses Restaurant.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

In the meantime we are sending warm regards from the Blue Ocean Family!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here from 26th until 5th aug it is a great place for a holiday the service is slow but everywhere in mui ne so go with the flow and enjoy the staff at blue ocean where great especially Marion and Kirsty who where around and about at all times the front office helped my daughter who lost her ATM card in a machine and went out of there way for her and she wasn't staying with them so would recommend this resort for a lovely relaxing holiday

• Stayed July 2013
BlueOceanResortVN, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Chm3929
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is a genuine pleasure to read that our guests have had such a positive experience at Blue Ocean Resort. I will definitely pass your kind comments on to Marion and the Front Office staff who assisted your daughter.
I do hope you and your family return to visit the Blue Ocean family in the future.
Warm regards
Issaquah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Well the beach was very nice with long walks in either direction available. Had large pool with good food at the pool bar when you could get the attention of the wait staff. Buffet breakfast nothing special (my wife did not care for it). Probably all in all a bit overpriced compared to some others. Staff not great either. The problem is there is not a lot of education/training facilities available in this area for then to learn so it takes awhile to develop. AC continued to have problems even after first repair. Did not try the spa because across the street you could get a massage for a third of their price.

Room Tip: Ask for near the pool or beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scatter2162
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay at Blue Ocean Resort.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay in Mui Ne, especially the rooms, pool, beach and restaurant food.
Our new Chef who commenced this month is currently looking at options to improve the buffet breakfast in order to satisfy the many different nationalities and tastes of our guests, but I am sorry that your wife did not enjoy the selection on offer during your stay.
As you mentioned hiring trained staff in a small fishing community like Mui Ne is difficult, however we are implementing various education and training initiatives in order to teach our team Western style service (which is a very different approach to the Vietnamese style service that the locals are accustomed to) and we strive to continuously improve in this area.
I am most sorry that you encountered problems with your air conditioner during your stay, we do provide 24 hour maintenance assistance for our guests, but I apologise that they were not able to rectify the issue immediately in this instance.
I do hope to welcome you back in the future so you can see the continuous improvements being made at Blue Ocean Resort.
Warm regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Let me say first that I'd actually afraid when booking Blue Ocean due to some reviews here on Tripadvice but then I decided why wouldn't we give this resort a chance because in the end, my experience would be much different than other experience here. After a long trip, we finally arrived at Blue Ocean resort at 4 PM, and we were cordially welcomed by friendly staff with their welcome drink and towel.

Smooth check-in, take us only 5 mins to receive our keys and were escorted to our superior room. Our room situated near the road, which worried me a bit since I read some of the reviews here stating that these rooms seemed receiving a lot outside noise, but our 2 nights were GREAT with absolute no noise at all, very quiet and peaceful. Ok, here is my evaluation of our 2 nights stays:

- Lovely note from the resort, placed on the table when we first arrived in the room. This was the general welcome note, but the great thing is that they had a personal touch - with your name on this. I think this is absolutely the great first impression for me.

- Calm lemongrass aroma that lingered around the room. When we arrived, they already put the essential oil burner on the table and suprised us with this fresh smell. Very dedicated effort (and it might be my bias since I love pampering myself with essential oil, so I'm amazed - as no resort I've been ever done this)

- Spacious Room!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't express enough how SUPRISED I was when I took a tour around the room and bathroom - very, very huge, and I'm loving it.

- Cute bathroom - again, enormous bathroom with lovely wooden bowl storing towels and some personal items. I think I will be great if we have some essential oil burners here as well (but this could be too much to ask for :))

- Nice pool & beach view - very neat and clean place. I didn't see any chairs being reserved, maybe the resort had taken notice on this.

Overall, I'm really really happy with my stay here, and would definitely come back and recommend my friends

Room Tip: Choose superior room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dungdao
Warm greetings from sunny Mui Ne!
Thank you so much for your kind comments and taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. It is most helpful for us to receive such detailed feedback as it helps us to monitor which initiatives guests appreciate and which ones should be changed or replaced in order to continuously improve our product and service.
I am so glad you enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Ocean Resort in the future.
Kind regards
Dalat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's a nice place to hide away with coconut palm, white sand beach, and comfortable room. You can relax in a very warm swimming pool too. Buffet breakfast is a bit boring, so is the bar; service however is good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Giang
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Blue Ocean Resort. I am glad that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.
With regards to your food and beverage comments we are very pleased to announce that we have had a new Executive Chef commence in August who is revising the menus to ensure we are providing guests with a great selection of both local and international dishes. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Blue Ocean Resort once these new menu’s are fully introduced.
Thank you again for your feedback and I will pass on your warm comments to the staff regarding the service you received.
Kind regards
Kristy Marland

Been to Blue Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!