“Nice room and pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Save Saved
You added Blue Ocean Resort to your Saves list
Blue Ocean Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet, Vietnam   |
Ranked #12 of 41 hotels in Ham Tien
Dalat
“Nice room and pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's a nice place to hide away with coconut palm, white sand beach, and comfortable room. You can relax in a very warm swimming pool too. Buffet breakfast is a bit boring, so is the bar; service however is good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BlueOceanResortVN, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Giang
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Blue Ocean Resort. I am glad that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.
With regards to your food and beverage comments we are very pleased to announce that we have had a new Executive Chef commence in August who is revising the menus to ensure we are providing guests with a great selection of both local and international dishes. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Blue Ocean Resort once these new menu’s are fully introduced.
Thank you again for your feedback and I will pass on your warm comments to the staff regarding the service you received.

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel via our travel agent and after looking at the reviews on TA thought it sounded great, however this was not the case. Please do not come here during school holidays if you are looking to relax, we had no idea school holiday period could make such a difference but it really can. Our pool area resembleled a theme park of screaming kids from about 8am, with it hard to find a spot to swim or a little bit of peace while 20+ kids are squirting, screaming, yelling and jumping into the pool. Absolutely no concern for other guests and it was really annoying as we avoided the pool for the rest of our trip because of it. There was also contruction going on at this time so unless you enjoy listening to a cement mixer over brekky, please enquire before booking! Breakfast is terrible! No green tea and you have to pay for iced coffee? Hasn't happened to us the whole time we have been travelling vietnam, but nothing would surprise us about this place! Also breakfast is served outside under a beachy hut and coming from Australia, I was absolutely disgusted and horrified that it was ok for people to smoke where I was trying to eat! Filthy!! Reception are nice but hopeless, we asked them where was the best place to rent a jet ski from or can we do it via the resort and we were sent to a man (employee of the hotel) on the beach, who didn't understand enough English to help us and then tried to send us back to reception... Needless to say we found our own was around, booked tours ourselves and made friends with the boys on the beach for our jet ski hire. The worst part about our stay was on the 2nd night, at around 10.15pm when we were asleep, we awoke to a staff member using their key to open our locked bungalow door. I woke up in a complete fright and my boyfriend asked her what she was doing? To which there was no reply or apology and she just left. We then locked the door again and waited until the morning to complain to reception. The morning after, we went to reception for an explanation as to why someone would come into our room at that time when the door was locked there was no apology or explanation, just, 'thanks for letting us know we will inform our manager.' We have not herd anything since and are disgusted in this service. If your staying here please use the safe and lock ur suitcases when leaving you room because this place left a bad taste in my mouth and I will never be returning! There are many other beautiful resorts on the beach please do ur research, so your not disappointed like us.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BlueOceanResortVN, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Nikita R
I am most sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience at Blue Ocean Resort. I understand you stayed with us for four days, during which time we had a group of Vietnamese families including children with whom the swimming pool was very popular for a few hours each of the two days they stayed with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable using the pool for your entire stay because of this. Many of our guests have mentioned that it was nice to see the Vietnamese children having such an enjoyable time with us, but I understand that if you were after a more tranquil holiday that this could be disappointing. I do hope that you enjoyed some relaxation time on our secluded stretch of beach in place of the swimming pool.
As you mentioned, we currently have some repairs and upgrades taking place at the resort of which we advised your Australian travel agent about when we scheduled these works in April. I am sorry that the information wasn’t passed on to you prior to your arrival. We have done our utmost to ensure any rooms close to these works are not allocated to guests, however there were some works taking place near the restaurant and I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.
I am sorry that you were seated near smokers during your breakfast. As you will have noticed in Vietnam the smoking laws, and also the etiquette of smokers is very different to Australia. We are currently working on a system to separate our open air sala style restaurant into smoking and non smoking sections in order to satisfy both our Vietnamese guests and our foreign guests.
I am also sorry about the miscommunication with Reception about the hiring of a jet-ski. Unfortunately there is no legally registered jet-ski hire available close to the resort, however Reception were in fact trying to direct you to Windchimes water sports shop about 100 meters along the beach who would have been able to inform you of the most reputable and safe jet-ski’s available for hire. Unfortunately when you reached the beach you have met with a security guard, who was patrolling the area for the safety of our guests, rather than the Windchimes staff.
In regards to the person attempting to enter your room during the night we have investigated fully and at the time you have mentioned we had no female staff on premises. The person in question was actually another guest, who has made an honest mistake in going to the wrong door. Our Reception Supervisor, with whom you spoke, has tried to apologise and explain this to you and had thought you had understood her. I am most sorry this was obviously not the case.
Nikita, I understand Marion, our English speaking Assistant General Manager, greeted you several times during your stay, and spoke to you in length upon you departure, even enquiring how you enjoyed your stay with us and you have not raised any of these issues at any time and even mentioned that you enjoyed your stay. I do wish that you had raised your concerns with her as we may have been able to improve your experience with us.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights after travelling through Cambodia and Vietnam before heading home. It's a perfect place to recharge but as we're not into water sports, there wasn't much else to do.

Mui Ne resort is based along one main road, which is walkable but there are plenty of cabs. Blue Ocean is pretty much in the middle of it. Transfer time from Ho Chih Minh City is about 5 hours.

We had a superior room, nice and spacious with a huge bed. The AC was super efficient and much needed. We faced onto a beautiful water feature and the resort gardens were attractive and well maintained.

The breakfast was great. Lots of choice and delicious. We had lunch at the restaurant once and it was also tasty. Happy hour cocktails are good value and the view of the beach as you sip them is gorgeous. Service out of breakfast hours was a bit patchy (just inattentive) but no major gripes.

The pool is very warm, like a bath, surrounded by sun loungers. We never had a problem getting one although the ones on the beach go early.

Only issue I had is with the cleanliness of the beach. The problem affects the whole stretch of beach in Mui Ne. Lots of rubbish in the sea and washed up on the beach. Such a shame and something that the government need to tackle.

• Stayed March 2013
BlueOceanResortVN, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear GotToGetOutThere

Thank you for choosing Blue Ocean Resort for your recent getaway to sunny Mui Ne. I was delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable experience during your recent stay.

As you mentioned rubbish disposal is an issue on Vietnamese beaches. We have staff dedicated to keeping the beach at Blue Ocean Resort clean for our guests to enjoy, however it is sad that this is necessary and as you mentioned it is a social problem that hopefully the government will be able to overcome with education and stricter regulations.

Thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back to sunny Mui Ne soon.

Northumberland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Arrived at the Blue Ocean Resort on 6th April for a 3 night stay. After a gruelling journey of 5 plus hours where we thought we might have ended our days! We were shown to our room which was a standard room overlooking the road. The room was quite shabby and small and the air conditioning was hardly working. It was 40degs outside and the humidity must have been 80%. We told the duty receptionist that we weren't happy with our room and asked if we could upgrade. She said yes we could but when we asked if we could see the room she replied "only from the outside". Naturally we didn't find this very helpul! After travelling for several days I asked if I could have an iron and ironboard but was told by the same unhelpul receptionist that I couldn't. I would have to use the laundry. When it was time to go to bed there was a different receptionist on duty and after a phone call to our travel agent we were eventually moved to a superior room. Not a good start to our stay!

The pool area is very attractive and we didn't have any issues with sun loungers. The beach was also nice but not kept particularly clean.

The breakfast was adequate although they do allow smoking in the dining room, even though they don't allow any guests in wearing swimwear as this may upset other guests!

The "strip" itself is ok with a few shops and bars but most visitors there were Russian so if you have an issue with this beware.

All in all not a great stay and would not return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BlueOceanResortVN, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear JedNorthumberland

Thank you for providing us and the Trip Advisor Community with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Blue Ocean Resort.

I would like to apologise that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations, especially in regards to the service standards you have mentioned. I am most surprised and sorry that our receptionist was not clearer in regards to the reasons behind why she was unable to show you the specific superior room you were to be moved to or provide you with an iron and ironing board. Perhaps if this had been more clear you would be less disappointed with your recent stay.

As you mentioned in your feedback you had reserved a standard room through your travel agent which is the most economical and smallest of our guest rooms and you were disappointed with the size of the room. We do provide all agents with dimensions and a description of all room types so I am most sorry that you were not fully aware of the room details prior to your arrival.

In regards to your comment about the room overlooking the road I feel this is not a clear description of any of our rooms. Our 1st floor standard rooms do have an entry door on the street side of the building, however the balcony of your room and all views from the room are facing the resort gardens, swimming pool and even have some ocean glimpses (the opposite direction to the street), but perhaps you meant that the standard rooms are the closest rooms to the Mui Ne strip which is correct.

Despite having a preventative maintenance schedule, unfortunately from time to time we do experience maintenance issues such as the problem you encountered with your air conditioner. To ensure the comfort of our guests we have maintenance staff rostered on 24 hours every day in order to repair items in a prompt manner. I understand that our maintenance staff attended your room within 10 minutes of your contacting Reception and that they were able to adjust the unit to be cooler. I am sorry that the air conditioner in your room was not working to full capacity upon your arrival.

I am aware that we did not have the specific superior room available to show you when you first approached Reception, but I understand our security staff did show you an identical room as well as a Garden View Bungalow. This superior room was prepared for you as soon as you confirmed that you wished to move to this room type. I believe the staff did advise you of the full details of this room when you first approached Reception however you chose to discuss this with your travel agent before making a final decision to move to the superior room, which was organised immediately after you confirmed that you wished to move to a superior room.

It is regretful that you were displeased that we were unable to provide you with an iron and ironing board. As part of our Fire Safety Code that is formulated in co-operation with the Vietnamese Fire Safety Authority we do not provide irons for use in guest rooms, but as our staff advised we are happy to organise our team to provide an ironing service for our guests.

I appreciate your comments regarding smoking in the restaurant area. As I am sure you have seen during your travels this is the standard in Vietnam however I agree that, despite our restaurant being an open air sala style building, that it would be a great idea to separate the smoking and non smoking areas to adhere to more Western standards and we will implement this in upcoming months. You also mentioned that we have a dress code in place in the restaurant which is correct. This is considered to be respectful to the local people and our Vietnamese guests (as well as our international guests), however we are happy to provide dining salas, a beachside lounge, poolside and beachside food and beverage service for guests wishing to dine who do not wish to cover their swimwear.

I am pleased you enjoyed the pool area and grounds of the hotel. We do our best to keep the public beach at the front of the resort as clean as possible however due to tides and high winds this is an ongoing daily battle with the elements.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am most sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed for 12 days,stayed in a standard room which is quite large,breakfast was good and varied,pool was fantastic but spent most of the time on the beach, plenty of loungers at the beach and the pool.The gardens are immaculate,was offered a upgrade but did not need it as the view I had of the garden and beach was great. Was given a birthday cake which was really brilliant from the hotel and it was delicious,What makes this hotel great is the staff always happy and smiling.A special mention to the managment team .Marion and the fab Kristy always made time to speak to everyone and also mucked in doing all the jobs.Credit to the hotel...really enjoyed the holiday and would recommend this hotel to everyone .Thanks for everything, hope to see you again in the future.

Room Tip: any room you choose is good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear hessy5

It was such a pleasure to have you and your wife stay with us at Blue Ocean Resort. Thank you for your kind comments, I will pass your feedback on to all the team. Marion and I both feel so fortunate to be working with so many happy smiling staff and guests like you make our days even more enjoyable.

I hope that the weather was kind to you upon your return to the UK and look forward to welcoming you back to sunny Mui Ne in the not too distant future.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Excellent location fo a very relaxing peaceful holiday. Stay a few days in Saigon and then go to this lovely beach resort. There are a few shops and restaurants nearby which are all pretty reasonable also a couple of ATM's.
Visit Phan Thiet market for a culture shock.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BlueOceanResortVN, General Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear David T

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. The Blue Ocean Team was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in sunny Mui Ne.
I was especially happy to read your comments on the Phan Thiet market. As this is a true “locals” market rather than a tourist market it does provide visitors a great opportunity to see how many of the local Vietnamese live, work and play.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Blue Ocean Resort in the not too distant future.

Gutersloh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although we were given a double bed in a room right on the road when we initially arrived, it was changed to a twin set further away, on request the next morning, with no quibble. The rooms are super clean and very well equipped with lovely bathrooms generously stocked with toiletries. I brought a mosquito plug with me, only to find one provided - although we never saw a single mozzie!
The staff are very friendly and polite, especially the cleaning ladies and the whole place is very clean and the grounds are well kept with a tranquility pool.
The swimming pool was a nice temperature and we were always able to get a lounger, which makes a nice change!
We stayed b&b but the breakfast choice was varied and tasty with traditional food and fruits and also western dishes - it usually kept us going till late afternoon.
Beach was unfortunately prone to rubbish that washed up, but not outside the Blue Ocean. Also the sea was usually very choppy, although down the road at Phan Thiet it was like a mill pond - good for kite surfers though, of which there were many.
Hotel is situated on the main road in Mui Ne and there are many places to eat and shop within a couple of minutes walking distance, all of which were very reasonably priced.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to others visiting Mui Ne, no matter what nationality, as we counted a dozen different languages amongst the tourists who were staying :)

Room Tip: Always ask to be moved if you find yourself given a room on the main road, as it can be VERY noisy f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear NogbersMummy

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Blue Ocean experience with the Trip Advisor community. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your kind comments on to all the Blue Ocean Team.
Thank you also for choosing to stay at Blue Ocean Resort, we hope to welcome you and your family back to Mui Ne when you return to Vietnam for future holidays.

Kristy Marland

Been to Blue Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!