We found MeiNe on the map, we didn't know anyone who had been there, thought we were going someone no one else had been!
Bamboo Village was a lovely pleasant surprise, we had been in Vietnam for approx 2 weeks already and this was the last stop before HoChi Minh, we had had terrible accommodation and some great through trip so to get to Bamboo and have a lovely bungalow right on the beach, our view was straight out the little gate, clean with a couple of pools and lovely gardens it was a relief to say the least.
Stayed 6 nights well worth it. We only had breakfast each morning at the resort restaurant and it was totally adequate lots fresh food and I could get my fresh cooked pancakes with maple syrup so all good.
The restaurants up at the street were a bit hit and miss, the Tandori place was good and another one which was supposed to be high end Forest Restaurant was totally average I think we struck a bad night or something, expensive and wasn't that good compared to other fantastic meals in Vietnam.
We tryed a local restaurant right down the end of MeiNe towards Phien Thiet with some people we had met in Halong Bay who we bumped into again and that was funny and well worth it, no one spoke English so you just had to hope for the best, pick your fresh fish swimming around, choose how it was cooked and eat.
I had a spa treatment at Bamboo and they didn't speak English not even a small amount which was a little frustrating but hey it really didn't matter point to what you want and they do it.
The Russians, there are certainly alot of them and they are sunlounger hoggers, we just threw their towels over the back and sat anyway if we saw that one was vacant for hours, we tryed the get out early and do the same but that didn't work they get up Really Early!
The beach have to agree with other comments, it wasn't that clean but compared to other places in Vietnam it was ok, some stingers in the water (jellyfish) unfortunately which put us off.
Didn't mind that it was windy (warm) and interesting to watch the Kite Surfers anyway,
So in all we thought a great place to stay for a relaxing time and would definately visit again. Don't expect to sleep in though its too hot and the birds in the roof start around 6am!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the first resorts in the well-known resort capital of Vietnam - Mui Ne, Phan Thiet, since its founding in 1996, the Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa has been proved and officially proclaimed as a leading resort in Binh Thuan's tourism sector, and has been showered with prestigious awards with the recent most prominent award for Top Ten 4-star hotel of Vietnam in 2010,2011,201,2013. Nestled in lush tropical gardens right in the heart of Muine beach, just a few hours' drive from Ho Chi Minh, Bamboo Village provides travelers from all corners of the world a gateway to the beautiful beach and white sand that wash away daily hustle and bustle, lush landscape that exemplifies the nature, smiling staff that caters to every need, delicious food of diversified cuisines that satisfies any taste buds, a Spa center that can ease any worries and tiredness away, and a sustainable operation that runs with environment in mind. With a well-equipped Yoga studio in Mui Ne looking out to a beautifully landscaped Zen garden, an ideal place for perfect meditation, Bamboo Village hopes to make its guests' stay more entertaining and enjoyable, meeting special need of the health-focused travellers, literally proclaiming its Top Ten leading resort position in the tourism industry of the county. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Bamboo Village Beach Hotel Phan Thiet
- Hotel Bamboo Village Beach