“View, Pool” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 29 Ham Tien B&B and Inns
Montevideo, Uruguay
“View, Pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is at side of "beach"/ The beach is not beach, only view, but is at the side of view. If you cross the road ,that hotels not have this views.
The hotel is locate not near the restaurants or night pubs ( best ), this hotel is near the sea food outdoor restaurants.
The pool is good, unluckely when i was many tourist smoke "grass" and drink too much and nobody at the hotel stop them, only continue sell Beer and Water bootles. Kids near so that is not good. About the rooms need little reparation ( my front door was broken ), the bathroom is new. The relation price/hotel is good, not breakfast.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Vietnamese first
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with friends. The hotel overlooks the beautiful South China Sea (there are steps that go down to the beach but there really isn't any beach to walk on). There is a lovely pool at the hotel and a restaurant which serves very good breakfast and lunch. The location is great, it's right on the water but further down from the more touristy area which has many loud bars, cheesy gift shops and lots of hotels.

The property, which I am told is only about 2.5 years old, is starting to show signs of disrepair. Im my room, the water hose next to the toilet leaked. The sink drain leaked all over the bathroom floor. There were exposed wires coming out of the wall where it looked like a fan or a light had been ripped out. The air conditioner in my friend's room would not turn on. I spoke to a woman at the pool who also had a bad leak in her room. The balcony railing was badly rusted and in some places the bars were missing completely. The door to the balcony in my room was missing a doorknob. The staff didn't seem to care. If this place is only 2.5 years old, I'd hate to see what it would look like in another 5-10 years!

I enjoyed my stay here but would probably not stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Darwin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I Recently stayed at Bien Nho Resort and my computer was stolen from my room. Before heading out I had checked that all windows were locked from inside, including the glass door in the bathroom that led outside the room. I then locked the main door and went for dinner taking the key with me. When I got back the door was still locked, there was no sign of breaking-in anywhere but my laptop had disappeared from my room. When we looked better we found that glass door in the bathroom was slightly open, but there was no sign of breaking in. So we locked it again, and tried opening it from the outside: it took 30 seconds (I have videos that show this and testimonies of other customers). The hotel had therefore given us a room that anyone could access at any time from outside even though we locked all doors and window. The next night we were transferred to another room and tried locking the window from inside: that could also be opened from the outside within minutes and without breaking it. The staff was very unhelpful, they got upset at us for going to the police, at first they did not want to change our room and did not want to put us in contact with the manager, claiming she was not available. After insisting for a whole day it turned out the manager is not based there but in Saigon, and when I finally managed to get her number and call her she said she d call me back and instead never did that and turned off her phone. Moreover, they gave our old room to new customers without telling them what happened to us, we had to go and do that ourselves.
I strongly recommend to STAY AWAY from this Resort, strangers might have access to your room at all times and the staff and manager are very unhelpful.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The place is horrible. They put us in the room with dirty towels, broken lamps (with no bulbs), giant dead cocroach in the bathroom and the toilet that had not been flushed after the last use - absolutely disgusting!!!
There in no beach by the "resort". Rooms are very outdated and are not kept well. The territory looks very bad.
Next day somebody broke into our room - and started searching our bags with a flashlight. My friend woke up and scared him away. When we complained the reception - they said their staff was doing some repair works (in the dark room with a flashlight breaking through the toilet door!!! we had to contact the police and the police made the hotel to give us back all the money we paid them, incl. the night we stayed. Though they were trying to give less as we stayed 1 night and the checkout for the next night has passed!!! the attitued killed me. They were pretending they don't understand me and kept saying "we will clean the room tomorrow", as if I was asking them about this. The police was very efficient.
Don't stay in this place! there is a very nice place right across the road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Phnom Pen, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a finest guesthouse in Mui Ne.
Very friendly receptionist gave me a lot of
information. You can stay Family room under $30, and rent a bike under $7 per
day. Clean room but little bit old, nice pool.

• Stayed December 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We found this place after heading for the resort next door which we'd spotted in the lonely planet. However this resort was soo much nicer! The pool area was great. With 10 sun loungers, but there seemed to always be space and a little jacuzzi pool aswell.

Our room had a couple of doors opening to 'balconies' but a good place to hand wet swim stuff to dry!

The room was large with a massive bathroom - slightly tempremental hot water - and a comfy bed.

For $15 we would love to have stayed longer!

• Stayed November 2012
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We regrettably booked 3 nights in this slum village. It does not deserve to wear the name "Resort". Let me first start with a list of unsatisfied services:

1. The towels were stained
When we asked for our towels to be replaced with clean ones, they had an attitude and gave us another set of stained towels. After being persistent, eventually were given stainless towels.

2. The window in our bathroom was broken and without a glass pane. It was covered with a white sheet (much cleaner than our towels)

3. The lock on the bathroom door was broken. One morning the locked jammed and we couldn't get in to take a shower. We had to call for help. They said they would fix it, but never did.

4. The patio door had no lock. when we asked to have it fixed for the sake of our security, they kept on saying tomorrow, tomorrow. Tomorrow never came!!!

5. One morning we ordered our breakfast only to find they had run out of the bare essentials, eggs, milk and bread. one of the staff hopped on their scooter to buy them!

6. The attitude of the staff is depressing and unwelcoming. One of the managers makes terrible irritating noises with his mouth and spits frequently on the hotel grounds. Where he is he will spit. ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR!!! He even washed and spat in the sink where meals are prepared.

The ONLY advantage is the sea view. The pool is dirty and unkept! Stay far away and spend the time looking for another hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bien Nho Resort? Share your experiences!