“Hidden gem in Mui Ne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zenora Beach Resort

You added Zenora Beach Resort to your Saves list
Zenora Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Nguyen Dinh Chieu 94, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet 84000, Vietnam (Formerly Paris Mui Ne Plage)   |
Ranked #8 of 29 Ham Tien B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem in Mui Ne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Zenora Beach Resort Mui Ne

I stayed here as a 19yr old female backpackers for 2 nights in June '13. I paid $8 per night for the AC dorm room, Breakfast not included, Free wifi, free computer usage.

Room - Dorm room of 12 people. Totally empty bar me. Mattresses were a little thin but each comes with 2 electricity sockets and a mini reading lamp. Bathroom was big and kept clean. Sadly I did not see any hot water during my stay, lukewarm at best. All very clean. Good lockers. Strong aircon.

Food - I did not eat here.

Service - Trang the receptionist and manager, I think, was one of the best hotel staff I've ever met. Kind, efficient and organised she arranged for my passport to be sent on from where I'd left it. Gave me detailed instructions on how to get where I was going next and always had time to point me in the right direction of a good restaurant. Please give her a big bonus!

Location - MuiNe is very spread out so best to get a bike. I just walked to restaurants and spas though. All close.

The pool is great but past 3pm there is no sun there.

No beach. A flight of stone steps fall directly into the sea. Lots of comfy sun loungers by the pool and overlooking the sea.

A hidden gem. Well worth it!

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked a bed in a 12-bed dorm room for 10 bucks, and honestly I didn't expect anything. I was looking forward to the sea and riding motorbikes, and a nice place to stay wasn't important to me.
When I got to Zenora, I thought it must be the wrong place: It looked beautiful!
They have a well-maintained outside pool surrounded by so many plants and flowers, even some orchids!
The dorm was extremely clean, smelled good, and was in general very well-maintained.
The lounge next to the entrance is nice, and the breakfast was good in comparison to Vietnamese standards.
The staff was among the friendliest that I have encountered in Vietnam, most of them spoke excellent English, and they tried very hard to help me and make my stay perfect!

The only down-side was that the "beach front" is in fact not a nice beach, but a stone stairs leading directly into the water, which at this sport is also rather brownish...
The wonderful pool made up for it, however.

I will definitely come again! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Paris Miu Ne Page is now actually called Zenora Beach. It has a new owner from the beginning of 2013.

Service was ok, english really bad (as in all of Mui Ne what we have noticed).

They had trouble finding our booking when we arrived (hotels.com) and the guy in the reception said "later". I got pissed off, since it was 8,30 pm, and we had been travelling for 14 hours. So my answer was not so nice "Not later, NOW". Anyway, we got our room (without help with our bags) and it was perfect.

The rooms are good, clean and fresh. Toilet is quite big, with shower. Soap and bodylotion is free, and also toothbrush, showercap and comb.

Internet is good. Pretty fast!

The pool is great, with a view over the ocean. Sun chairs is available both at the pool and by the ocean. Free towels.

Breakfast ok, about 8 different things to choose from, pancakes, noodles, omelettes etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I wouldn't go to the trouble of writing a bad review if it wasn't worth warning other. Service was horrible, snobby french woman. Our room smelled SO bad that it was unbearable to sleep. When we asked to get it fixed, we received a response of " yes, we don't think it is that bad" and refused to change our rooms. We ended up having to leave the hotel and lose the money to go check in elsewhere. DO NOT stay here

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in a private room. Its a very nice hotel with a beautiful pool and garden. Room was a bit basic, but for 20 dollars a night I have not to complain. Its right in the middle of Mui Ne which is convenient. Staff's English is very poor, but they are friendly. The Russians staying in this hotel were very loud... but that is not the hotels fault. Its just a general hickup in Mui Ne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mui Ne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as a solo traveller in the dorm. The place is a guesthouse style affair with a little pool and direct access to the beach. The hostel world description makes staying in the dorm sound like the benefits of a resort without the price, which it could very easily be. The problem is you are made to feel very unwelcome.

At each interaction with the staff they have stopped talking to me to go and serve other, more expensive, guests. When paying they conveniently forgot the 10% I'd prepaid and they charged me an extra 7$ for my bus ticket, then said "no refunds" when I came to cancel.

The dorm is small and right on top of the busy main road, the one bathroom between 12 is dirty and poorly maintained. Also the WiFi doesn't make it to the room. Do yourself a favour and get a private room or go elsewhere. The staff clearly don't want the type of people that stay in dorms, let them just have the big families of Russian and Chinese tourists they so obviously prefer. More so than usual did I feel like a big walking dollar sign here, unfortunately I didn't have the dollars they were after.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and was just what the doctor ordered after a horrendous bus trip from Ho Chi Minh City. Pool, rooms and breakfast were fantastic. The only reason we moved elsewhere was because it was a tad above our backpacker price range, but none the less, a great place to relax.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Zenora Beach Resort? Share your experiences!