“Stay away from this place!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bien Dua Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ham Tien
Bien Dua Resort
136 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet, Vietnam   |
Ranked #41 of 41 hotels in Ham Tien
“Stay away from this place!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out here, what an awefull experience.

The room we stayed in was horrible it was very mouldy.

The staff had more time for there smartphones, the coffee was way to small.

Now the worst part..

At check out I asked at the reception for our passports, her answer was " first you pay!" Omg shivers down my spine. I immediatly knew she was gonna rip me of. She charged us $1 more on the room ( which was only 18) so a big percentage. Her comment was "u pay in dong that will cost u more" I Showed her the actual excange rate, and she got pissed of and didn't want to give our passports before we committed to her scam.

So people beware!

• Stayed December 2013

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Merano, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I came to Mui Ne after having been in busy Saigon and was looking forward to a bit of relaxing on the beach. I booked a room in Bien Dua Resort because my Lonely Planet described it as a friendly, intimate place. I also got a very quick answer to my request e-mail and was happy confirm a fan-room for 15 USD. I read the reviews here only after having confirmed my booking and was a bit worried. When I arrived I had a friendly welcome and I was given an Air-con room instead of my fan room because they were all full. All the rooms look out on the central garden and the restaurant. The restaurant has sea view, serves really nice mango shakes and food, and you have sunbeds to relax on. The resort is directly on the beach, but the beach is so narrow that it disappears when the tide is high. you can still get directly from the resort into the water though. The air-con room was clean, spacious, with a nice bathroom and I slept really well that first night. The next day I was moved to my originally booked fan room, wich was also ok, it seemed a bit more humid and the bedsheets were not as inviting and white as the ones in the aircon room, but everything still absolutely acceptable in my eyes. The thing that was unpleasant for me, were the two nights to follow. Unfortunately next door there is a beach club that started playing loud music in the evenings. The walls in the rooms that are direct neighbours to the beach club are just thin so it almost felt like having the party in my room and it went on late. So if you want to have peaceful, early nights in, these rooms are not ideal. If you are out partying yourself and you don't mind the music, then I guess its ok. But then I guess you would rather choose a guest house or a resort that is more central and near most bars and clubs. Bien Dua is a bit outside, you avoid the crowds of Russian party people and during the day it is a real oasis of peace.

• Stayed November 2013
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

A little bit concerned after reading the reviews here after having already booked, but it turned out absolutely fine.

This place is near some of the better places to eat and the two semi decent night clubs, but 2km away from the main group of guest houses and shops.

I would've liked somewhere more social, but as a group of 3 this was OK. Location good for relaxing.

The beach is not a beach unless the tide is out, but the restaurant and sun loungers make up for this a bit.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, but don't expect any discounts or leniancy on late returns of bikes or checkout.

• Stayed August 2013
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

we would never stay there again!!!!
they really want to rip you off where they can!
they use a higher exchange rate as it is! we never payed as much as there for a dollar rate....
they were unfriendly and not helpful.
even the ticket for the bus was more expensive than in the other places.... don`t buy it there!!!!
and the room was the worst!!! is was small and dirty and the smell..... really bad and like mildewed.
we plant to stay in mui ne for 1 week, but we checked out after the first night!!!
there is no beach there is just waste.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We were already checked in when we red all te reviews written on trip advisor. We were pretty scared at that point.

Our experience is actually totally different than most of written here. The rooms were basic but clean, good value for 10usd. The manager was maybe not the most friendly woman you will ever meet but she was definitely willing to help us at any time and she booked the nightbus to hoi an for us.

The rates she is jusing is 1 used = 22 000 dong. Actually when you mentioned that its lower she is fine with that. During our trip true Vietnam more people tried to use that rate but are always willing to go lower. The overall staff is friendly en also willing to help.

She gave back our passports without charging 1 USD. In front of the hotel is the restaurant sinbad were we had the nicest veggie kebab ever!

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

we stayed here for three nights in an ac room, but we only wanted the fan, so we payed 14$ instead of 18$. the girl at reception was always very friendly and understood our englisch quiet well. the waterbottles in the room are overpriced and the exchange rate (VND) they use is very bad! the "beach" is only there, if it's low tide. to get around it's best to rent a motorbike and then you're very flexible. we never ate in that hotel because there are plenty of restaurants around. the laundry service was bad: our stuff came back a little wet and one shirt has a huge splotch on the back since then. If you have time, you will for sure find a nicer hotel in the center of mui ne.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bordeaux, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here in October 2012 and despite many comments on here about how rude and unfriendly the manager was, we found her to be extremely helpful and polite and had no problems at all with the staff. We hired some motorbikes from here an had one stolen, and the manager was very sympathetic and helpful towards us in getting it sorted out. Not the most amazing place I've ever stayed at but for $10 what do you expect. The gardens are lovely and the location is fine, the only problem was the noise from the VERY noisy late night bar next door so best avoided if you're not a party animal as you won't be getting much sleep! Maybe the rooms on the other side were quieter however.

Room Tip: Go for the ones on the right as you go in, the opposite side to the bar!!