While we really enjoyed our stay in Sunrise resort we had money go missing from our room.
To highlight the good points - the room and premises were clean, the front desk staff were friendly, the pool was great with nice reclining beds to relax on and the beach was swimmable directly from the hotel. Both beach towels and shower towels were provided in the room as well.
To highlight the bad points - the bed was worn and had 'ribs' that stuck into your back. The shower pulsated in flow and fluctuated between hot and cold. Cleaning staff woke us up to clean the room, and when we returned 10 minutes later to get some things we found them all laying on our bed.
We did however have a serious problem during our stay, and it’s probably best we briefly highlight our case for a fair review:
- Before taking the bus to Mue Né, we withdrew several million VND
- We split the smaller notes of 200,000 and below into my wife’s purse and kept the larger notes in my money belt to pay for future bus, train and accommodation. Since we'd pre-booked everything until Nha Trang, we didn't need access to the money belt so we didn’t open it.
- We stayed three nights at Sunrise resort and unfortunately it was only after we left Mue Né and arrived at Nha Trang that we checked the money belt and discovered that 3,000,000 VND had been stolen.
-The only time we did not wear the money belt or did not have it locked away was during our first morning at Sunrise resort when we went to breakfast. We took our room key with us to breakfast and we were surprised when we returned half an hour later to find that the room had been cleaned while we’d eaten breakfast. Unfortunately, since we’d assumed no one would be entering our room as we had the key our valuables, including the money belt, were visible and sitting on the table. This was the only time we have ever left it unattended.
- We were understandable upset and emailed the manager asking him to please question his staff with the hope the thief would own up. He replied promptly only to query our tardiness in reporting the theft (I agree it was odd that it was a day after we checked out and 3 days after the theft, but we didn't need to access the money belt before then). He stated that his staff had been working there for many years and were trusted.
- In addition, we keep an extremely accurate record on our laptop and smartphone of ALL the money that we spend each day. So we could prove the theft, probably to the police with ease, as we have precise records of what we withdraw and spent as our data is entered after every transaction and has timestamps.
Basically, money went missing from our room and we suspect who the staff who were there during the time frame and had the opportunity. Due to this, and the fact that we didn’t get a clear response about whether the manager actually questioned his cleaning staff, we cannot recommend staying at this resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sunrise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Hotel Phan Thiet
- Sunrise Resort Phan Thiet