“nice place on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Sunrise Resort
72 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet, Vietnam   |
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Ham Tien
Moscow, Russia
“nice place on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

beautiful quiet place with a pool in the middle, not crowded beach is just 2 steps away, all rooms are facing the pool and the only question about it is that if your curtains are open everyone can see you inside :)
room is clean, bed is big, there's a tv is you need one, air-con works good and rather quiet.
breakfast is nothing special - eggs and bread mostly - but there's a bunch of cafes around with more diverse breakfast policy.
staff is nice, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

It was our 2nd visit to Mui Ne and we shopped around before discovering Sunrise, where we found ourselves in an ocean front room with windows along 2 walls and private terrace for breakfast - iced coffee, pancake, eggs or french roll and jam, while beach vendors supplied the watermelon, mango and papaya. Critically the beds were large and comfortable, and In low season (which this was) room rates are negotiable depending on length of stay and we felt we agreed a very fair rate and ended up staying a week instead of the planned 4 days. The staff were friendly and helpful, the beach location one of the best in Mui Ne, and the sea a lot of fun for those who like waves. A great place to wind down.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

A great find, beautiful resort with a great pool, great piece of beach, lovely spacious rooms. I loved it!!!! I checked out about 8 other resorts and none of them could compare.
I felt like I had stepped into a little private oasis.
The only problem I had with this place was the ROCK HARD beds. I used one of the cushions off the outdoor loungers under my sheet and this really helped.
We had room 11, cost $30US per night - a very good price. The beach front room #10 was $50US but the room was larger and had it's own private courtyard. The other beach front room #9 - $40US - had a private courtyard too but it had a little storage shed on one side so twice a day the kitesurf school would be traipsing thru the private space and there was not much privacy compared to room #10.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

As 4 families travelling 3 weeks in VN we had to divert our plans to avoid Typhoon Ketsana ~ originally with no intention of going to Mui Ne. We contacted this resort on the day from Hanoi & after a day of travelling the staff met us at the reception at 11.45pm welcoming us with smiles. Perfect location right on the beach, bungalow style rooms all surrounding the pool, within walking distance of restaurants, watersports at our doorstep .. we loved this place! Our rooms were clean, fitting our families of 4 comfortably. Breaky was basic, but fresh with eggs fried or omelet and bread jam with great juices. Kids order fries and snacks etc as well which were fine! The staff made extra effort for one of our girls 40th bday with fruit and snacks & enjoyed our celebrations with us. With a little training they also managed to make sure the beer was "cold" for us, which in VN is not always the case. Free Internet, but was a little slow . Nothing was a problem here & for $40 a night it was a gem. By the way kids found a great shop over the road "KIms Shop" for some good surf wear ! I Agree with other posts Room 10 on the beach front is the pick, but regardless Would go back in heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Great location! On the nicer part of Mui Ne beach (plenty of white sand). Bungalow type rooms around the pool are spacious and clean. The staff were pleasant and helpful. There was free wi-fi, and breakfast was included with the price. We had a few minor complaints (and I am really not someone who usually complains about this type of thing), but the bed was ROCK HARD. I mean it was so bad that both my husband and I would both wake up with horribly sore backs in the morning. We stayed here for 3 nights and by the end we were glad to be leaving just for the fact that it would mean a different bed. We also had many issues with the lock to our room (would not lock/unlock) which meant MANY trips to reception to have someone look at it. They ended up changing the lock on our last day there. Overall we would recommend this place, but only is you are ok with a hard mattress!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

The place is nice and clean, the staff is slow and usually not smiling. 35 $ IS a good buy in this location, all though the russians with their kids made it sound like I had a kindergarden just outside my window. Guess thats what you get for staying at a place with a pool during xmas. The reason we chose Sunrise was because of their very good bungalow # 10 that stands out from the rest of the rooms. We booked this ahead for three weeks stay, the manager Paul didn't honour this it turned out when we got there. He tried blaming it on the email and so on, but we soon found out that he couldn't resist the offer from the russians wanting to stay in the bungalow for 3 mnths. If you can get the bungalow I would go, if not I would choose one of the other places just up the beach (hiep hoa, sunshine, full moon). All in all Mui Ne was to crowded so we left for Doc Let after 10 days, regretting we hadn't left earlier when we got there. BTW they have a restaurant but the food isn't anything to write home about.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I stayed at the Sunrise Resort's triple room for 3 nights from 26th to 29th November 2009. I had initially reserved a double twin room and upon reaching the resort they gave us a free upgrade to the triple room at the price of the double room (USD 35 including breakfast and taxes).

Thumbs up to the staff who were really trying to keep the place spick and span with all their cleaning work throughout the day. I remembered a young chap who cleaned the pool every morning and then changed and doubled up as the security as he was quite stringent in making sure only guests entered the resort. That's a plus for security.

The following points are things I really liked about the resort:
1. Free wi-fi
2. Nice pool
3. Excellent security and cleaniness
4. Great location and value
5. The resort is really eco-conscious with energy usage as even the courtesy lamp at the door which uses LEDs had a sensor mode and even if you put it at the permanently on mode, it'll switch off automatically too.

The following points are things I think the resort could improve on:
1. The water pressure in the bathroom was too low. They should really turn it up a fair bit.
2. The bathroom was a bit old and aged with spots and stains on the stainless steel bits.
3. The colour tv in my room had its colour all faded after years of use. Possibly could replace them with LCD TVs.
4. There was no in-room safe but we felt safe due to the security guard.
5. The aircon was not really cold enough at night though we put it to 16 degrees celsius so I had trouble falling asleep at night. Perhaps we should have really been given the smaller double room which should have cooled faster as it was smaller.
6. Lastly some of their wooden furniture were not really well-made or needs fixing. I had to pull the main sliding door towards myself to lock it and from the rooms out to the reception area there was a 'cowboy bar door' that I had to push up one morning so one of the employees could unlatch it and let us out.

If the above mentioned improvements are made, I believe many guests would be willing to fork out more for their rooms and still find it great value for money as well as enjoy its facilities and superb location.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Sunrise Resort? Share your experiences!