“be careful with this place” 2 of 5 stars

(062) 847 598
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 78 Restaurants in Ham Tien
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The receptionist in our hotel suggested we tried this restaurant. We ate the freshest, tastiest food imaginable with decent sized helpings. Prawns with garlic, squid and prawn noodles wth mixed vegetables, spinach and garlic salad, spring rolls all served with kovely spicy sauces. Drinks included (big bottle of water and Tiger beer) Meal came to 120,000 dong, less than £4 for the two of us. Very popular with all the tourists and the Vietnamese - restaurant is on main street running through town but when you go in the restaurant is at side of the beach. We are back there tomorrow. One of the best and cheapest meals I have had in Vietnam so far. Do not miss this restaurant if you are in Mui Ne!
Hamburg, Germany
“be careful with this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

After having ok to bad food at this place (having a bad sensation all the time because full of rats..)
wanted with my friends to go for a walk on the beach.. (low tide by the time). walking down the stairs, we just saw a tube going out to the ocean excreting brown liquid! they are emptying their septic tanks in to the beach!!! the current is going down to the other hotels! our place is a few hundred meters away from it on west direction, now we are all having an unease felling about getting in to the water!. With this article i want to protest against these people disposing the content of the septic tanks into the water.. its not fair for any of the other hotels and places that are looking forward to do things right!!! LAM TONG! STOP littering the water!!! it's for your own good!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food, serviced improved with some Vietnamese ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We are here tonight following LP recommendation and a poor meal yesterday. The place has no fancy chairs or flashy menus it's as close to local food on this stretch of the strip.

Staff may be young and not up to European service levels but just chill and get up and grab one if your not getting served right away. Some Vietnamese does help download a free app and give it a go.

Food was great tiger prawns, spring rolls and a free other dishes where great and all cheap! We are going bck tomorrow for lobster as the next table had it and said it was fantastic.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went into this restaurant and found a table. Six of us sat down and waited for someone to bring us a menu or even acknowledge our presence. After 20 minutes (not an exaggeration), we got up and left the restaurant. Nobody noticed.

• Visited February 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“food is of poor taste, serive is terrible, place is dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We came there following Lonely Planet reco, but it's clear it was made some time ago and is no longer valid. Now they seem to be just monetizing the presence in the guidebook without paying any attention to the quality they offer.

The place is really really dirty. Tables, chairs and every page in the menu just sticky from dirt, the place looks like it was never cleaned. I fear to think of what's happening in the kitchen.

Service is sub-standard. They don't really pay attention to the customers and they don't speak sufficient English when it comes to food ordering. Maybe it because they hire under-aged stuff. Plus the wifi is hardly working.

As for food, the portions are surprisingly small and taste is below average. Not worth the price (even though the prices are not too steep)

In a word, don't waste time and money for this place. There are plenty of alternatives in Mui Ne. It will be hard to end up in a worse place

• 2 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Food marginally better than service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went with low expectations of the service and was still disappointed! I was by myself so it wasn't a large or complex order but after nearly an hour I asked after my food. The waiter clearly didn't understand me and mutter some sort of acknowledgement that I had ordered food and walked off. I tried asking a girl and she at least understood. She came back to say the kitchen had forgotten my order and were making it now. I should have queried earlier but I didn't expect fast service and getting anyones attention was a challenge.
When they came my noodles were nice enough but nothing special - at least it was cheap (about $3 including a soft drink). What really swung my decision to give a 2 rating instead of 3 was when I came to pay the cashier. He couldn't have been more disinterested, gave me the price without looking at me and didn't thank me for my custom when I paid him (no polite gesture or anything). Anyone would think he had waited over an hour for his dinner!
I would only recommend this place if you have time to waste (take a good long book if by yourself, or if you are with someone make sure its someone you can hold a long conversation with!), are on a budget & want simple food, & don't have any special dietary requirements (the waiters hardly speak English). Also there is non of the terrible music a lot of the restaurants seem to blare out, so thats a positive!

• 3 of 5 stars Food