“OK for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling

You added FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling to your Saves list
FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1090 South Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, IL 60090 (Formerly The Executive Plaza Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
West Des Moines, Iowa
“OK for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

$42 on hotwire stayed 2 nights .

very average. rooms were clean . ice machines did not work so ice was gotten from Front desk. No pool. access is limited to going south on MIlwaukee Avenue .

40-50 year old property . ok for a night or 2 . would stay again for similar price but there are other nicer places

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Northbrook, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

As soon as I checked in' I noticed cockroaches crawling on the walls and bed bugs on the sheets. I checked out immediately. I knew the deal of $47 on hotels.com was too good to be true. I guess you get what you pay for. I checked in to crowns plaza hotel down the street for $89. Now that is a deal!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Wheeling hotels

Elgin, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Husband and I wanted to just get away for the weekend. Lots of things to do in the area.Checking in was easy and the girls were friendly but seemed surprised that I had reserved a non-smoking room. Our room smelled, but had a No Smoking sign on the nightstand. Wallpaper was peeling badly in at least six places and there was mold around the window frame. When I went into the bathroom, there was an ashtray and a fresh book of matches displayed in it! I called the front desk and asked for another room. The desk clerk took us to Rm. 106. It was better and we asked her for some more bed pillows. She said she would bring them to us. Two hours later we returned from dinner, pillows were not there so I went to front desk to get them. The ice maker was broken and several times we had to go to front desk to have them get ice from the restaurant next door. On a good note, the bed was very comfortable, but we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at FairBridge hotel because our family attended a wedding in Glenview,IL. We flew into O'Hare airport and were at the hotel in less than 15 minutes. The rate for the rooms was very low so we didn't know what to expect. Thankfully the hotel was exactly what we needed! Checking in was quick and easy. They were able to give us 2 rooms next to each other on the 2nd floor. Both were super clean rooms & comfortable beds with plenty of room for the 8 of us and our stuff. We had a lot of good restaurants in the area to choose from thanks to the friendly front desk girl's suggestions. On our last night we came back late from the wedding reception and were starving so the night clerk suggested a good pizza place with free delivery.When we checked out, I was really pleased with the attention we received from the staff and also the deal for the rooms. I will stay again the next time I'm in the area. We would rate it as an excellent place for a large family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I travel a lot for business and I always love to stay at this conveniently located hotel. The shuttle service from the Ohaire airport is a big help. Most of the hotels in this area don't provide shuttle service from the Ohaire airport. The breakfast was decent but the staf is super friendly. I would love to visit the hotel again in my next trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in March. Beware! The advertised O'Hare transportation is for weekdays only. There was no hot water on the morning of my departure. And the 'restaurant' was not opened. Had to hike a quarter mile down the street to a McDonalds.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sister Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times since it is close to family and its only about an hour from downtown Chicago. Its right next to the 294 highway so going to Chicago is easy. The hotel is adequate-nothing special, Its old and run down. Rooms are very basic but usually clean. Carpets in hallways are dirty but that does not bother me that much. Front desk staff usually courteous.They have a cold continental breakfast. They have two computers that guests can use but one never works and the other may or may not work. They have a restaurant inside. There is also a large banquet hall which is used often. When I was there it was casino night and the place was jammed. Its a good deal for the price but don't expect much.

Room Tip: Rooms for singles are the best value
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Violet S, Manager at FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
We do appreciate hearing all our guests feedback. We take all reviews into consideration and will make the changes necessary to resolve any issues that our guests are experiencing. We have just joined a new brand, and are going through some exciting changes. We thank you for staying at the FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling and look forward to seeing you again!

Been to FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling

Address: 1090 South Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, IL 60090 (Formerly The Executive Plaza Hotel & Conference Center)
Location: United States > Illinois > Wheeling
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
Hotel Class:3 star — FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Executive Plaza Hotel And Conference Center
The Executive Plaza Hotel Wheeling
Palwaukee Hotel Chicago
Best Western Wheeling
Wheeling Best Western

If you own or manage FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.