“Worst Hotel Stay Ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling

You added FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling to your Saves list
FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1090 South Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, IL 60090 (Formerly The Executive Plaza Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
Mission, SD
“Worst Hotel Stay Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel was disappointing from the very start. Check-in was very slow. Carpets and wallpaper were dirty. The first room they put me in was missing the general hotel information. In addition, the air-conditioner leaked. So they moved me to the room next door. There was mold in this room in the corner near the AC from the prior room. In addition, the bathroom smelled heavily of urine. After a dryer caught on fire I was moved to a third room, which was much better than the first two, though carpets and wall paper were still dirty. The bathroom door opened in such a way that the bathroom was very cramped. The hotel website advertises free wi-fi. I was unable to connect to hotel wi-fi the entire time I was there. The front desk people told me that this was due to the weather. In addition, the walls are thin and it was not very quiet. I could hear people in the rooms next door.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Erie, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I highly suggest staying at this hotel! This hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the train station (short trip to Downtown Chicago). Rooms were clean and comfortable, plenty of stuff to do in the hotel (Game Room, Connected Restaurant/Bar, Fast Food within walking distance) FANTASTIC complimentary breakfast (eggs, potatoes, meat...not just a cold muffin and stale cereal like some places) and has an EXTREMELY friendly/helpful/charming staff. Afternoon/Night front desk woman, Maria, is very helpful and always has a beautiful smile on her face. She is worth the stay alone! You can't beat this deal!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Northbrook, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I booked a 21/2 star hotel. Upon my arrival I find out that not only is my hotel not a chain hotel, but an independent hotel that used to be the Best Western Pawlwakee Inn. I checked in and went to my room, and was completely digusted with the room. It smelled like a cheap hotel room. The carpet was stained, the bed was hard as a rock..., and broke, there were holes in the wall, and water stains as well. The furniture was falling apart, and rust around the doorways. I turned on the faucet to find rust colored water. When I checked in the lady was very rude, ad when I wanted a King size bed I was charged 15 dollars to upgrade. They put me on the second floor down a long hallway, and they dont have an elevator. The restaurant they claim to have is nothing more than a Bar. I thought I was getting a 21/2 star hotel, not this hell hole! I have never been so disappointed in a hotel as I was with this place! If this is how Expedia treats people they will NEVER have my business AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Wheeling hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed for a day over Memorial Day weekend for business; the service was horrible and their internet did not work at all. I asked to speak with management 4 times during the first day and twice before I checked out the following day - nobody was available. I requested numerous times for refunds so I could conduct my business elsewhere and the staff was so incompetent that they could not fulfill that request, nor any other basic requests unless I stood at the counter for well over 20 minutes. I left a phone message with Matt both on the first day of my stay and the following day to clear up my issues ... and guess what? He never contacted me back.

The parking situation was a joke, as anyone who comes to the restaurant/bar gets priority over actual hotel guests. As stated before they false advertise high speed internet. After ten minutes one web page loaded, then it failed to work at all the rest of my stay. I had to run around wheeling finding places with WiFi so I could conduct my business.

And then they have the nuts to send me a promotion offer in the mail two months later for 40% off my next stay ... after never having contacted me to clear up my issues. I could not believe it.

This was the worst hotel experience of my professional career.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

Found an excellent rate for a 5-night stay...definitely too good to be true. Horrible remodel of old Best Western. Obviously been through many owners. Decor beyond outdated, bed linens look dirty, lamp shades stained, mildew in shower, bathroom faucet fixtures corroded. Too grossed out to shower in there. Only stayed 1 of the 5 nights booked. We can all do much better.

• Stayed June 2011
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

although this hotel is located outside the city of chicago, i would recommend it.
it is really cheap, but the service is great. we paid for 2 double-rooms for 4 night about about $270.
parking is for free. the included breakfast is really good and the food in the restaurant is also good. the staff is totally friendly and helps you anytime. we didn't recognize any noise from the airport in the neighborhood.
it is very easy to get into the city of chicago: just ask for the free shuttle to the trainstation. it takes about 10minutes to the train station and about 35minutes by train into the city. but ask in advance for your shuttle. sometimes they don't have drivers available.
rooms were clean and hab everything you need (but there were no fridges) like hair dryer, towels,tv...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010 via mobile

The room was okay the front desk people need some serious manners and on the day of check out don't start knocking on the door at 9am when they knew you got back from church late and heaven forbid you need the shuttle because it's like you're taking away their birthday or something and don't forget to pack your plunger cause with one flush your going to need it also they left me stranded and failed to take me to the right airport forget that I'm just going to stay with friends next time the hotels are a hot mess!

• Stayed September 2010

Been to FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling

Address: 1090 South Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, IL 60090 (Formerly The Executive Plaza Hotel & Conference Center)
Location: United States > Illinois > Wheeling
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling
Hotel Class:3 star — FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Executive Plaza Hotel And Conference Center
The Executive Plaza Hotel Wheeling
Palwaukee Hotel Chicago
Best Western Wheeling
Wheeling Best Western

If you own or manage FairBridge Hotel at Executive Plaza Wheeling, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.