“Rude host and mediocre food, not what I remember Tuscany on Taylor like at all” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscany

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscany is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I went on Dec 19 for a company dinner. First impressions were not great and it did not get better. The host at desk was standing with nothing to do and didn't greet me or ask to take my coat. I finally had to ask him where my group was meeting. He was very unfriendly and seemed pretty pleased with himself. My blue cheese salad had very processed blue cheese and my filet was very bland. The food was mediocre, our waiters were much more helpful than the snooty host. I would not go back as food was not tasty.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Oakville, Canada
“Dinner in Wheeling near Chicago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We found the Tuscany Restaurant through the Yelp app on my IPhone. It was located close to our hotel on Milwaukee Ave.
it is a real Italian with great food and excellent service. Monday nights offer half price wine - great value. Our price for two, including beers, a bottle of wine and three courses each was only $124 including tax.
Definitely recommended
D

Chicago, Illinois
“Great experience at Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We made a bridal shower at Tuscany and could not of been happier. Rose, who was in charge was a pleasure to work with and very helpful. The room was set up perfectly and the food was great. The service was outstanding. I would not hesitate to have another party there.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Half Price on Entrees on Wednesday nights!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went here earlier this week with a group of friends. If you order a drink and place your order before 6:00 pm, everything on the menu is half price. Great deal!

This is a chain restaurant that serves Italian food. I ordered Prosecco for my drink and the waiter came out with a little bottle. He said it was the last one which I just find strange given it's an Italian restaurant and Prosecco is obviously an Italian drink.

We ordered the scallops on the appetizer menu which were very good. We also ordered the caprese salad and the Caesar salad, but were adequate and tasty. I had the risotto with four cheeses and short rib meat on the top. Again, very tasty and a large portion. Other people had the filet, the Veal chop, fish, and pasta. We all split a couple of deserts which were very good.

The food is definitely good but the half off on Wednesday nights is the real draw.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“They looked after our group nicely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had a group of 12 there for dinner and all went well. They had a dedicated room allocated to us along with 2 waiters and the service was fine. The food at Tuscany is great and from previous experiences at the one in Oakbrook very similar quality. Each of us had different entrees as we shared few appetizers and all of us were happy with the taste of our meal. The waiter / kitchen were very accommodating as few of us asked for something to be cooked for their diet.
The veal special that I had was very good and the fruit tart for desert was great also.
If you have a business meal and family reunion or a private meal you will be look after nicely there and if you like Italian inspired food then you will be happy with the menu.

• Visited April 2013