“I'd never order from here again..........” 1 of 5 stars

847-541-6782
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 80 Restaurants in Wheeling
Buffalo Grove IL
“I'd never order from here again..........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

We have ordered food from Wah Feng in Wheeling a few times. The first time we ordered food from Wah Feng it was lunch time and we liked our food so we ordered from them again The second time we ordered we had some coupons and on their coupon it says free delivery after 4:00 PM. When I asked for the free delivery the owner said they don't deliver for free, after arguing about it for a while she finally said OK, she would deliver the food for free.When the driver (one of the owners) brought the food he tried to make us pay for delivery, then, after we showed him the flier, he practically demanded that we give him the flier that said free delivery after4:00 PM, we refused, he had to call his wife, the other owner and argue with her about it. The next time we ordered food from them the order was roughly $23.38, we gave the driver (owner) $40 and without even looking at it he put the money in his pocket and walked away. We had to yell for him to come back with our change (roughly $16)
Next and last time we ordered (today) I ordered my food without peanuts, peanuts make me sick. When I got my order there were peanuts on my order. I called the owner (lady) and told her about the problem, she said the driver would come give me two dollars off my order. I told her I didn't want the money off, I wanted her to re-make my order. She said the driver had to pick up the food first before she would re-make the food. I told her if she just took the peanuts off I would know and would not accept it. The driver, her husband came to pick the food up and demanded that we give him our entire order back, I kept telling him that we only wanted them to replace the Kom Pow Shrimp. He kept arguing with me (mostly in Chinese) saying that I give him all the food and take my money, and no he would not bring us new food. Again I had to call the lady owner and tell her what was going on. This man, one of the owners, was standing at our front door SCREAMING at his wife arguing with her about replacing our food. This screaming went on for at least 5 minutes! He finally took the food and left. Roughly a half hour later the lady owner showed up at our door with our food. She showed me that she made new food by showing me the old order. The lady owner is OK, and the food is pretty good, but I would never order from there again. It is totally inappropriate for the owner (or any-one else for that matter) to be standing at my door SCREAMING!!!!