“Building under repair” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wheeling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a junior suite at the this all suites hotel in suburban Chicago. The traffic was awaful getting there and there is a toll to get practically anywhere but the property is ok. Our room was one of the "just renovated" suites and everything seemed to work....except for the loud humming of the frig. Oh yeah, there was the lack of information available from the hotel staff...nice but not seemingly knowledgable; e.g, one desk clerk didn't seem to know what an airline boarding pass was. Oh yeah, their "grab and go" breakfast was coffee, hot water and muffins. No, not coffee, tea and muffins! They had a hot water dispenser along side the coffiee but when I asked for tea bags I was told "we don't serve tea". So I asked what the hot water was for...and was told it was for the coffee....hmmmmmmmmmmm. By the way, be sure not to stay near the room with the water pressure pump. Ours was across the hall and you could clearly hear it going on and off 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: Get a room as far as possible from the "water pressure pump" room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Hawthorn Suites Wheeling
Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. I will like to extend my apologies for you Inconvenient. Jut to give you some information our hot water if for the tea in your room. Our breakfast consist on Muffins, seasonal granola bars, juice, and coffee. In the future please let us know what we can do to improve your stay. We will be completely renovated by the end of Summer 2013, will have new WIFI, decor and a full hot breakfast. . We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider us again in the future.
Worcester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

To say under renovation is an understatement. Until further notice the workout room, guest laundry, and public restroom are closed. Internet service has very low thruput. less than 1MBPS download and an abismal 10kbps (yes kbps) upload. I am using 3G wireless hotspot at 100kbps upload. Breakfast consists of packaged muffins, coffee, small juice bottles and granola bars. Better get there before 830AM or it will all be gone.

Construction noise in some areas starting at 8AM (hammering, sawsall).

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review The Hawthorn Suites Wheeling. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will be completely renovated by the end of Summer 2013, will have new WIFI, decor and a full hot breakfast. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider us again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights for a business meeting which was close by this location. The fact that the hotel was under renovations raised a red flag for me, but I had no choice but to book at this location. As I checked in the staff was very comforting and made me feel at home. The room was clean and the noise was minimal although I was at the meeting most of the morning. I didn't find any discomfort throughout my stay. I think once the renovations are complete this will be my home away from home!

Room Tip: Rent a car.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hawthorn Suites-Wheeling! We appreciate the positive feedback and we are so glad you feel you received such a great value. . I will share your kind words with our staff. We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I have to say very different from most Hawthorns i stay. My room was great and the kitchen was very clean when i had stay in Texas area nothing like this property. I had some directions difficulties but Xavier at the front desk seemed to know the area very well. Xavier also helped me with restaurant options nit very many by walking distance but closed by. I will definite returned when renovation are done.

• Stayed July 2013
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hawthorn Suites and taking the time review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our property kitchenette. In the future please let us know what we can do to improve your stay and make the guest experience more enjoyable. We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

It was a great choice after all. I been reading the reviews about all this issues with renovations and i was a little scare. Their wasva lot of noise when i checked in but not for long. Then things got better. I got a chocolate hammer witch i thou it was cute ,then a renovate room that was bigger than my apartment. Breakfast was small but good all i needed was coffee and a muffin. The staff on the weekend was great. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hawthorn Suites Wheeling and provided us with this wonderful feedback. We hope you will choose our hotel again for any other stays you will have in the Chicago land area. We will be completely by this Summer and will have new decor and a full hot breakfast, so next time you stay we hope you will be even more impressed with our property. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling? Share your experiences!