“I would rate this hotel a good value. However, I was...” 4 of 5 stars

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Capital Dr, Wheeling, IL 60090   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Wheeling

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Freeport, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel for the price. I was a little skeptical when my husband booked it, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The towels are thick and the sheets are soft. Those are two of my requirements. The other is a good shower, and it had that too. Not having breakfast wasn't a problem; we don't eat the type of food that is normally served at a budget hotel. The location is off the main roads, but we still found it without a problem.

Room Tip: rooms on the third floor are more updated
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HawthornsuitesMgmnt, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hawthorn Suites Wheeling and provided us with this wonderful feedback. We hope you will choose our hotel again for any other stays you will have in the Chicago land area. We will be completely renovating the property beginning this Spring through the Summer and will have new decor and a full hot breakfast, so next time you stay we hope you will be ever more impressed with our property. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Hawthorn Management
Arlington Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been here in this hotel for more than a month and i must admit that it's value for money. Although they don't have hot breakfast but it's OK.
Apart from that, staff is very co operative, courtious and ready to help. I forgot some of my valuables on my bed and was worried about if i will found them after reaching or not..I saw everything was placed where i left that after cleaning the bed. So much impressed.
I will surely reccomend this to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

AGM60090, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review! We appreciate this feedback and will be sure to share this with the rest of the staff. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time at the Hawthorn Suites so much, and we hope to serve you again in the future!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

First time in the Chicago area and it was awsome! At arrval I was greeted by a front desk employee who was extremly polite and explained everything I needed to know which included, the grab and go breakfast, housekeeping, and shuttle service (considering my stay was of 4 nights). During my stay all the staff I encountered was extremly helpful and really made me feel at home.

The rooms were extremly clean and spacious. I even had my own kitchen area. The rooms also seem to be sound proof, I had a great nights rest during my stay.

All in all, Hawthorn Suites is a great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AGM60090, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling

Address: 8000 Capital Dr, Wheeling, IL 60090
Location: United States > Illinois > Wheeling
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Wheeling
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling 2.5*
Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection by Sealy Posturepedic. Wake up to a fresh cup of coffee! Wheeling, an all-suite property, is the perfect place for your next stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment or temporary housing. Each suite consists of a fully equipped kitchen: dinnerware, silverware, pots and pans, dishwasher, stove top and a full size refrigerator with an ice-maker. Working area has a spacious desk with two-line phone, voicemail and complimentary high-speed Internet service. Relax in an oversized lounge chair while watching your favorite shows on HD cable TVs. To curb those late night munchies, visit our designated vending machine area. You have a companion? No problem! We re pet friendly. Conveniently located west of Interstate 294, 30 minutes from Chicago and only 10 miles north of O'Hare Airport, we are a perfect location if you re visiting the North Shore, Rosemont or the Northwest Suburbs area. Located only blocks away from Chicago Executive Airport and many of the Fortune 500 Companies, only a couple miles away from the Westin Chicago North Shore Conference Center, we are a perfect fit for a night or a temporary home away from home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Candlewood Suites Chicago - Wheeling Hotel Wheeling
Candlewood Suites Wheeling
Candlewood Wheeling
Wheeling Candlewood Suites

If you own or manage Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.