If ever you are staying in this hotel, please do not stay beyond 3-4 days. I had stayed in this hotel for 3 months considering its an extended stay hotel. As per policy they replenish the household utilities on a weekly basis during housekeeping. During the course of stay in the hotel, i used to take the complimentary breakfast granola bars (1 each day) and put it in my hotel draws if I am not in a mood to eat it. I had collected some 5-6 bars and a few muffins in the kitchen draws. Likewise, i used to collect the shampoos which i dont use in a week in the draws. I also used to my other personal belongings in the draws and closet as the studio room is really small and the drawers are the only place where we can keep stuff. Shockingly, when i came back to the room after office, i saw a notice stating "You are collecting houshold items and breakfast items in the draws." with photos of the drawers with the stuff. They have removed all the items i had collected and warned me that i may be levied a fine of 100$ if i repeat this in future!! I have travelled all over, and never have I experienced such a thing. Complimentary items which are kept in your room are for you to use the way you want. Further more, I have never collected these things voluntarily by asking them for additional stuff. I have just kept whatever was kept in my room, for further use. Also, opening up drawers where personal stuff are kept and rampantly scavaging the personal stuff is really unpardonable. Felt very violated with the behaviour and the tenor of the notice. It is a frequent custom with the hotel to keep such notices in the room everytime their housekeeping comes to clean the room. The housekeeping staff do not replenish items, do not keep the reqd no of towels and even for small spillage, they keep a notice saying, you may be fined 250$ if u repeat this. Guests are to be treated with respect and not scared with fines and notices, for any small reason. They should have guidelines in place that are properly stated to the guests at sign-up rather than having hidden rules like, you cant collect the complimentary shampoos that we are kept in your room. You will have to use it only inside the hotel etc. Overall a horrible experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection by Sealy Posturepedic. Wake up to a fresh cup of coffee! Wheeling, an all-suite property, is the perfect place for your next stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment or temporary housing. Each suite consists of a fully equipped kitchen: dinnerware, silverware, pots and pans, dishwasher, stove top and a full size refrigerator with an ice-maker. Working area has a spacious desk with two-line phone, voicemail and complimentary high-speed Internet service. Relax in an oversized lounge chair while watching your favorite shows on HD cable TVs. To curb those late night munchies, visit our designated vending machine area. You have a companion? No problem! We re pet friendly. Conveniently located west of Interstate 294, 30 minutes from Chicago and only 10 miles north of O'Hare Airport, we are a perfect location if you re visiting the North Shore, Rosemont or the Northwest Suburbs area. Located only blocks away from Chicago Executive Airport and many of the Fortune 500 Companies, only a couple miles away from the Westin Chicago North Shore Conference Center, we are a perfect fit for a night or a temporary home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chicago - Wheeling Hotel Wheeling
- Candlewood Suites Wheeling
- Candlewood Wheeling
- Wheeling Candlewood Suites