“Location, location, location.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 116 restaurants in Wheaton
Chicago, Illinois
“Location, location, location.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant twice and been disappointed both times. It is conveniently located near the county courthouse, which is probably where it gets most of its business from. The food is not great and the environment seems very dated. It reminds me of dive diners along the roadside from 40 years ago, but the food is worse.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
“Great for breakfast and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have only good things to say about the Verdict. The food is consistently good, it's reasonably priced and the portions are generous. I usually order breakfast but their salads and soups are great, too. The thing that amazed me most on my last visit was that the manager and hostess (maybe the owners?) greeted most of the patrons by name. The place has a nice vibe and I enjoy going there.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Nice bang for your buck. Large portions and an even larger menu too choose from.this is not a gourmet restaurant and you are not paying for it either.i enjoy the gyros when I get dinner.for breakfast go with anything on the menu! Ehich I thonk is available all day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wheaton, IL
“Food is OK, service was marginal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

The food at the Verdict is not bad. However, I have been very disappointed with the service that I have received. I have dined at the Verdict a number of times, and am always shocked at the lack of flexibility that is offered. The last time I went there, I asked if I could substitute a side of fries, soup, and a fruit cup for a small salad, and was refused. That was my last visit. The Verdict should make more of an effort to show their customers that they are valued and appreciated if they want to retain some loyalty.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wheaton, Illinois
“It's our favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

This is a small, friendly neighborhood restaurant that never disappoints. The service is excellent. We have been going there often enough to know that their food is consistently good. We never have to wait for a table. The portions are large, the ingredients are fresh. My favorites: any of their salads, the reuben, and any of their Greek dishes.Or try one the the specials.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere