“The food is the star” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Suzette's Creperie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West of Main Street
Transit: Three blocks east of the Union Pacific West Metra Line, Downtown Wheaton Station
“The food is the star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been to Suzette's Creperie multiple times since it is so close to my house. The food, without fail, is fantastic. I most recently had the Suzette's Benedict, which is so very good. Unlike other benedicts, this one is covered in cheese and a lemon sauce. The tang of the lemon and parmesean balanced against the croissant and egg souffle is inspired. They recently renovated the dining room, and the change is welcome. I have seen the comments about the service not necessarily being up to snuff. Most of the time, my experience has been positive. Some of the servers seem a little indifferent or inexperienced, but it is nothing that impedes on the experience. And that doesn't apply to all of the servers. I have had very attentive service. All in all, Suzzette's is exactly the kind of place that I like to frequent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Such a little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great food, superior service and a great atmosphere. The atmosphere reminded me of a tea room. Quaint tables! I was there over the Christmas holiday when they book up for Christmas Tea. A super fun and delicious way to celebrate the holidays with friends. Can't wait to return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful food, great local find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Suzette's was great. We had the Gruyere fondue for two, the pork tenderloin in apple-brandy sauce and the beef bourgingon crepe. All the food was fantastic and the service was great, but a little slow. The sommelier had great recommendations and served very healthy pours of wine for each glass - you definitely got your money's worth! It is a lovely set-up, but had no music playing which actually made some of the natural pauses in conversation uncomfortable because then you were very aware of the conversations around you. All in all though, we'll definitely be back and I look forward to trying their brunch menu!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding experience from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It had been some time since my last visit to Suzette’s and I am glad to have gone back. From the moment we walked in until departure the experience was everything and then some. There is a little caveat that I will save for the end (out of the control, sort of, by the restaurant).

The ambiance and setting is perfect. Not stuffy nor pretentious but well adorned for any occasion (except ill behaved children). Our server greeted us with a French “good evening” and set the tone with her warm personality. The sommelier is much more reserved but congenial nonetheless. The wine list is exceptional and he is very well versed in the choices. He also was tending bar and if wine is not your thing, he can support beer and spirits.

We ordered a white from Loire. We then went with the cheese soufflé (allow 20 minutes prep) and the pomme frites with the habanera lime aioli. It has a kick but very tasty. And the presentation of the pomme frites reminds me of Jenga!! If you prefer healthy options, go with a salad. but both were well worth the calories and the wine was the perfect accompaniment.

Suzette’s is known for their crepes and that is where we went. The bistro mains look fabulous and French and I encourage a sight unseen try. You can always do a crepe for dessert. I had the spinach mushroom crepe which was very good and well filled. My companion had the shrimp crepe which was well received. We had a red from Provence which paired quite well with both crepes.

For dessert, the nutella banana crepe and nutella gelato. Again, calorie bomb of a dinner but it was worth every bite and extra gym time.

A few service hiccups in terms of empty plates and used silverware sitting on the table too long. And we had to request new silverware to replace that which was taken. Nothing to ding them on.

Now the restaurant challenge with unruly customers. There was a four top, parents and two younger children. The young boy (maybe around 7-9) was found crawling around the dining room several times and engaging in other disruptive behavior. Too which the parents did nothing to address. Given the type of restaurant, ambiance, setting, etc., this is not Chuck-E-Cheese. I think the staff missed an opportunity to make mention of this to the parents. Children should not be crawling around the floor. And this has nothing to do with be stuffy or pretentious.

Enough of the soap box. Suzette’s is well worth the money. It is, for me and many, a treat, an extravagance. But if you have that special occasion to celebrate I highly recommend them.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wheaton, Illinois
“Oh, so much like Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love Paris. I swear I lived there in a previous life. I spent ten days in 2005 swooning over the food in the restaurants, in the markets and even in the grocery store. Suzette's is a place I go to again and again. My husband and I have enjoyed leisurely dinners there to celebrate our anniversary, my birthday, his birthday, whatever. Three hours to eat and no one in the restaurant minds. I introduced my mother-in-law to their Sunday tea and it is a treat she and several of the women in the family have enjoyed. Excellent crepes, wonderful entrees, and their wonderfully simple salads are delicious. They use Intelligentsia coffee, very good, and their teas are also excellent. The restaurant also participates in the summer farmer's market, so a friend and I meet there and we always get a treat. Their pastries and bread are superb. The restaurant is a calm oasis and a place to enjoy a really good meal.

• Visited October 2012