“Food was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Food was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ate at Muldoon's on a Friday night during Wheaton Cruise night. We were able to sit right down...no wait at 7p. The food was average. I had a cod sandwich which was way more bun than cod. It was mediocre; I ate about 1/2 of it. It was dried out and lacked flavor. My son had a burger which he said was good. My husband also said the burger was pretty tasty. My husband had the club sandwich (cannot recall name of it) and said it was average. A little overcooked and lacked some flavor. Fries were very good. We also ordered some of the onion rings. They were good, nothing spectacular.

OK, so on to the service & atmosphere... When we walked in we told the hostess we wanted to sit outside. She handed us menus and told us a server would find us. C'mon, a little customer service...even if she told us to wait a moment while she seated others inside, that would have been better than handing us menus and sending us out. We got out there and had to wait for tables to be bussed...no biggie. The waiter, a super nice guy, messed up our order twice. Again, no biggie since he was nice and apologetic. The bathroom was really run down. The entire interior could use a good cleaning and spruce up. A little reinvestment back into the restaurant to make it look like the owners care and not only about the profit they take. OK, all-in-all, a mediocre experience.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
“Once a tradition, but never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We have been coming here for the past 5 years for my birthday, and this is the last year we will come here. The experience had gotten progressively worse through the years, with everything from rude and exremely late service to bad drinks and reduced portions. We waited for our server for 15 minutes before some of us even had drinks. It was the middle of the week and the place was half empty. We will begin a birthday tradition somewhere else next year.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Great lunch in a pretty setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Three of my family and I had lunch here on a sunny spring day. The service was prompt, the food (esp. the big hamburger and the Reuben sandwiches) uniformly excellent, the beer fresh and cold. We ate outside and enjoyed the passing trains just across the street. Downtown Wheaton is now crowded with restaurants, but I'm glad my brother chose this one. It was just right.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My new favorite place in Wheaton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited Muldoons Pub recently; we promptly returned the next 2 days in a row. Great food, cold beer and fun, relaxed atmosphere; the service was outstanding! Andy, Mike and the crew were welcoming, friendly and genuinely happy to have us there...that is a rare occurrence is customer service these days!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great local place with reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I eat here often and they have consistent good food and service with reasonable prices. There is also a great variety on the menu for everyone. Fun place to come with friends for the bar or family for dinner. Portion sizes are descent as well. You will not be disappointed for a casual meal here.

• Visited March 2012