“Best Italian I've ever had. But don't tell anyone else.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Sogno Di Barrella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Champaign, IL
“Best Italian I've ever had. But don't tell anyone else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Dinner, drinks, dancing and under $100. The food and service were incredible. From the appetizers, to our entrees and dessert.

The greatest part, my wife was torn on her entree, and the owner, Rose, said "Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it." She brought her out a combination of the two entrees, that wasn't on the menu and it was incredible. I've never had service like that before. Also, it was $20 bottle of wine night, which was even better.

For reasons like this, we make the 2-hour drive to go there often.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Chicago, Illinois
“Not as Good as It Used to Be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

The restaurant must have changed owners as the food is not as delicious as it was the first 2 year after it opened. It has a good atmosphere and location. Baked clams were fishy and lacked flavor. Chicken Francese was good - but is only served with green beans rather than a pasta.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva
“Do not miss this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We recently went with a party of 6. Service was great, the food even better. We tried as much as we were able. The bread kept coming and plates cleared immediately for next course. The server was very helpful and patient with our many questions.

My advice- don't miss it and take the server's recommendations to heart.

• Visited October 2011
chicago illinois
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had a wedding rehersal dinner there, and we absolutly loved it. The food was great
along with the service. They worked very hard with us and let us work within our budget, and it worked out great. All our guest raved about the food.
Excellant service and friendly staff.

• Visited September 2011
Aurora, Illinois
“Best in Western 'burbs' and can hold up against Best in Chicago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I had been wanting to try this place for awhile. I wish we went sooner. Service was friendly and very helpful with the menu and suggestions. Shrimp stuffed with red pepper and fontina cheese was very good for starter. My wife had the Pappardelle Con Funghi with Wild Mushrooms, Prosciutto Cotto, Shallots and Chicken in cream sauce was Very good. I had the Pork chop on the bone special that was Fantastic. It was pounded out like an on the bone Veal chop with a wild mushroom Marsala sauce on Pappardelle and the chop was juicy and cooked wonderfully. The Wine list is impressive. Great domestic and Italian wine choices and you can go as upscale on the wine as you want. Make sure you save room for the homemade desserts. The Tiramisu is light as a feather and the Cannoli is the real deal. The prices are a good value for high quality flavorful food. This is in my rotation for regular dining.

• Visited February 2011