“One of the best Indian food in Chicago area” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saffron Restaurant
6020 S Cass Ave, Westmont, IL 60559-2619 (Formerly The Indian Garden)
630-769-9662
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 89 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Indian
Michigan
“One of the best Indian food in Chicago area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have visited many Saffron restaurants in various state. I donot know whether they belong to a chain or not but you can never go wrong with these and this one at Westmont in particular.
This is one of the very few restaurants who will bring Tandoori chicken right from Tandoor oven to your table. Lot of variety in snacks and Indian veg. dishes as well.

I donot live close to this place but whenever I will go with 25 miles radius, I will make it a point to dine here again

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“The Best Indian Food I have ever had - ALWAYS Amazing Service here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been here 3 times now. This place never disappoints. Roy the manager, has been super helpful since I have been coming here. I am not very fluent with Indian food and do not always know what to get. He has helped me pick some AMAZING dishes to eat. You can not beat the service and the food tastes great! The atmosphere is pretty nice - many of the furnishings are said to be imported from India.
This is my favorite Indian place in Chicago right now - I have tried 3 others - but this place blows them away!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westmont, Illinois
“Class Indian food and banquet service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Their seven day buffet is sound value for money. Food is great. Staff is professional and service excellent.
The banquet hall is quite often occupied with people with decent standard holding events. Only the restaurant should ensure when people are in the banquet hall, the noise does not reach/disturb people eating in the restaurant (sound-proof the door?)
About the cuisine, one comment is they should stop adding Broccoli in Veg Jalfrezi. "Destroys" the taste if I may say so.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I don't know if it's the...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

I don't know if it's the same because the name has changed, but it had a wonderful lunch buffet.