“NICE PLACE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Factory Outlet Boulevard - I-57 at Exit 65, West Frankfort, IL 62896 (Formerly American Classic Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Frankfort
Brunswick, Georgia
“NICE PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nice and clean. Staff was was friendly. Rooms were nice for the price. Wasn't very expensive and definitely a lot better than I expected. The breakfast in the morning was a nice addition, and it didn't even cost extra! The location is also convenient to restaurants, so that's a plus. I would definitely stay here and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mascoutah, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I made reservations for 2 nights for a special hunting trip put on at Rend Lake for people with disabilities. My car was the only car in the parking lot when I checked in, so that should have been my 1st clue to run. When inside and there is a big "no refunds sign" on the wall and a person who came out of the back room when I rang the bell who looked like he just woke up at the bright early time of 11 am, that should have been my 2nd clue. I initially did not have a huge problem with the place. The room did smell like smoke and incense, but I could live with that. I paid in cash when I checked in for 2 nights. I left the room after putting my stuff in the room and went to events for the hunt. I got home about 10:30 pm and didn't use the bathtub because I took one before I left home that morning. I got up at 3 am to get dressed and leave for the hunt. When I got back at about 8 pm, I was sore from standing all day with my crutches and leg brace, so I looked forward to a nice hot bath to get ready for the 2nd day of the hunt. I ran the bathwater and when it stopped, I noticed black flecks in the water. I looked closer and those flecks where swimming. I drained the tub 3 times and cleaned the drain cover once and the bugs kept coming. I was disgusted by this and just took a sponge bath out of the sink and then got my brace back on, got dressed and put my stuff back in my car. When I went to the front desk to check out early because of the bugs, the same person who checked me in was "working" there. I was polite despite my anger and explained what happened and he did not make any eye contact with me. He "apologized" and gave me a whole $20 for my missed night. I saved for this hunting trip and did not have enough money for another hotel dispite the partial refund. I had to drive home that night and miss the next day of the hunting trip I had looked forward to all year. Please stay away from this place at all cost. If you know someone in the health dept, please send them here to shut this place down. I just hope there are no bugs in my luggage. The sad thing on the national website for the chain is that one of the catagories on the complaint form is one for bedbugs. Is it that bad of a problem for them that they put this catagory on???

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I was staying at this hotel for my grandmothers funeral.
#1--They don't allow pets, but allow the halls to smell like cigarette smoke.
#2--"Continental Breakfast" consisted of stale cereal and hard mini bagels.
#3--In my cousin's room, toilet didn't flush.
#4--In our room, air conditioning didn't work.
#5--The bed was harder than a rock.
#6--Doors to the hotel were open 24/7 and there was NO ONE at the front desk unless it was 8am-12pm.

Needless to say this hotel was beyond acceptable. When this hotel was the Howard Johnson it was SO much better. It is completely run-down. It's worth driving to Marion to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I have traveled the mid- west four nights a week for the past 30 years. I have stayed in all types of hotels and resorts. It has been my pleasure to stay at this hotel since it opened. The ownershipchanged in the past few years, but not the friendly people. These owner today greet you with a smile and ask how you are doing. Its nice to know at the end of a busy day your treated like part of the family. If you are needing to stay in Southern Illinois off of I-57. Pull off Exit 65 and find the AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN. It is clean and very affordable. Happy Traveling !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
mexico mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This was a very clean and cheerful hotel room. I forgot and left my phone charger in the room. I called and they said they will mail it to me. That is not always the case. The owners/personel at this hotel were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

After a rather Disappointing (check that) Horrible experience with the BEST INN in Marion IL. I checked in at this hotel. The service was great.. rooms clean, great amenities for the $$$. After the front desk staff heard about my horrifying exp at the prior hotel, they upgraded me to a room with a king bed (did not have to..but did). Quiet and friendly hotel..well worth the dollars!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

I attended a ladies conference in Benton and stayed here for two nights. It was listed with several hotels in the area on my conference paperwork so I had an option of choosing a competitor nearer my conference but the price of a single room here was much cheaper. I must admit I had some concerns. I've stayed in "cheaper" hotels before. In this case my budget made my choice.

This is the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. I was able to get a non-smoking room that was simply spotless. The bedding was white and crisp. The room smelled clean. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave should I need them. They were clean and didn't smell of previous uses. The bathroom was also just sparkling. They cleaned the room both days I stayed there. Clean towels replaced the used ones.

The staff were courteous but practically invisible unless needed.

The lobby areas were also just so clean and neat. Although I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, I saw that many did. But afterward, you would never know because was still kept clean and neat.

I was very near the front lobby but there was no loud and rowdy guest up and down the halls. And you couldn't hear a thing from other rooms.

I really enjoyed my stay there and would heartily recommend it to anyone. I'd stay there again in a minute!

• Liked — It was just so clean and quiet.
  • Disliked — It was six miles from my conference.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!