“A Good Chicago Hot Dog Joint” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 58 restaurants in West Chicago
Cuisines: American
Chicago
“A Good Chicago Hot Dog Joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Scooby's is a rock solid hot dog joint in the Chicago tradition. Their fires are excellent and happen to bring the rest of the menu up a notch.

Visited July 2012

82% Recommend
West Chicago, Illinois
“love the fries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

this is a great place to get fresh cut fries. The hot dogs are Yum and so is everything else. I recommend fries and a chocolate shake!

Visited July 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Hot Dog and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We absolutely love the hot dogs and their home cut fries! Tried an italian beef the last time and found that to be excellent too!

West Chicago, Illinois
“Gotta Love It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Scooby's has character and some item specialties like a Green River milkshake. Fresh cut fries with cheese are worth every calorie.

New York City, New York
“Take it from a New Yorker who knows hot dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I'm out here in the Midwest on business this week and my client takes me to this awesome Hot Dog place in West Chicago. Now if I could just talk Scooby into bringing his brand of 'hot dog heaven' to my native state of New York, I'm sure I could find employees who know how to serve 'em up fast; like a New York minute. That seems to be the rub against Scooby's, but in my opinion, definitely worth the wait. To be honest and fair to Scooby, we didn't actually wait that long. I tell you what was long-er; that's the hot dog itself. Of course, it's loaded with all the Chi-town toppings including really green relish, but this dog comes in at 7 inches versus 6 inches at other joynts (I'm told). Being from NY I didn't know they sometimes call 'em red hots here and in my continuing hot dog education, it was pointed out to me that these dogs are custom made for Scooby by a well-known company called Vienna. Anyway, looking forward to coming back here on business in a couple months and my next visit to Scooby's.

• Visited July 2011