“Long-Timer” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
San Francisco, California
“Long-Timer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff at Crosslands has always been helpful during my stay. Anytime there was a problem, I would call the front desk and my problem would be solved immediately. Also, Margaret is very resourceful, and a joy to talk to. The maintenance guys are helpful, too. Anytime I've scheduled maintenance checks, I can depend on the staff to get things done correctly.

I would recommend Crossland Studios to my friends and family. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: If you need a place stay that is fully furnished and has a kitchenette--and not too expensive; then...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Chicago - Waukegan, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the terrific review on the Waukegan Crossland. The staff works hard to provide a comforatable while affordable stay, and we appreciate you taking the time to recognize them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Book 2 rooms for bootcamp grad.Rooms not on same floor.Crumbs on bed.Candy stuck to carpet. Water bugs in room.I will up my budget next time

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Chicago - Waukegan, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had a lot of concerns about the hotel because the price per night was so reasonable...when I checked in I was told my reserved room was for smoking...I explained that I had made it for no-
smoking..Margaret was at the desk at the time,,,I was SO impressed with her..She handled the problem very quickly although there were six other people checking in and the phones kept ringing non stop, she never lost her cool...My room was very clean, the bathroom spotless and the bed linen and towels like new...Margaret was really wonderful and sweet....I stayed in another hotel in Chicago, double the price and not half as nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Chicago - Waukegan. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

mobile alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

STAY AWAY! I wish I could give lower than 1 circle but I can't. My fiance transferred to Great Lakes Naval and we decided that this place would be good for him to stay until I could get a new job in the area. We figured three months. He booked the property and they promised him good rate and room. We had to spend the first few days in the Extended stay in Gurnee. No problem. Room was pretty nice. We were moved into a non-smoking room instead of the smoking room we were supposed to have but just for one day. Ok, central booking did the reservation. The manager seemed friendly enough. Got to his smoking room. What??? I worked in the hotel industry when I was in college and I can tell you if I had booked someone in that room, (and personally, I would have never sold that room) I would have been given away free nights and comps. What used to be a smoke detector was just bare, hanging wires. The furniture was wobbly and broken. The locks on the doors would not work. The refrigerator was broken and would not cool adequately. The pillows were completely flat and filled with dust mite. The bathroom was filled with mold and there was no shower head. The "free wifi" was either not available, (most of the time,) not able to be connected to (most of the rest of the time,) and if you could get on, you got 5 minutes tops then was kicked off with a very, very, very weak signal. Seriously? I woke up every morning with swollen, red eyes from mold, dust (the HVAC had NEVER been cleaned,) and general sanitation. The roof outside our door was buckling and falling off. Trash built up in the outside bins so bad that people staying at the place volunteered to take it to the dumpster...provided they could get past he 50 shopping carts in front of it. I nearly cried to see the place. We requested a better room. Plus people walked around, outside, smoking joints in broad daylight! NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, you'll get a better room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Rockford, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Being a single parent of a five year old on a very tight budget, it was pretty scary choosing lodging for a mini-vacation to Six Flags. We didnt need any bells and whistles for most of our time was going to be spent at Six Flags. We just returned from a three night stay and all I can say is it well exceeded my expectations and the customer service of the staff was stellar. The room was clean (I am very picky), the kitchenette useful as we ate out less, the area was safe (also very picky) and conveniently located to food, gas, shopping and minutes away from the park. We are excitedly planning our next trip soon (after recouping our losses from Six Flags.) lol
I am rating this excellent due to the affordability, cleanliness, safety of location and location to other attractions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Chicago - Waukegan. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you.
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The manager and staff at this location were absolutely wonderful! They went well above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable with the room and that I did not need anything. It is conveniently located near a shopping plaza, and the Naval Base. It is tucked away, so you wouldn't even notice it was located so close to the highway. The room has a stove, a sink, dishes, and a miniature fridge so you can cook in your room instead of constantly having to spend money eating out. I had arrived early, and the manager asked one of the housekeepers to prepare a room for me as soon as possible so that I can check in, and she definitely went above and beyond to make sure my entire stay was outstanding! Will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future, and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Any room is virtually convenient, they have an elevator that accesses all three floors, and they als...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Chicago - Waukegan. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have stayed here the last 2 years in a row. Due to my daughter and son both going through boot camp at Great Lakes Naval base. The staff is wonderful there. They always greet you with a smile and so helpful to the guest. I have read some of the other reviews and we never had a problem during our stay. Our rooms were clean and the staff was great. If my youngest decides to join the navy also. We will definitely be back there to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Chicago - Waukegan, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of our Waukegan property. We truly appreciate it and look forward to you visiting us again when you are back in the area.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Chicago - Waukegan? Share your experiences!