“Good weekend” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee

You added Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee to your Saves list
Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Greenbay Road, Grand Ave & Green Bay Rd, Waukegan, IL 60085   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Brownsville, Texas
“Good weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel was nice, nothing fancy but had what was needed, it had a bar, an inside pool, complimentary breakfast and a shuttle. Service was ok, I would recomend it to a friend as an average hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ramada W, General Manager at Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Valued Guest: I thank you for your feedback. Please call me personally and let me know what we can do for you to consider us more than just an average hotel. Your feedback tells us what we are doing well, as well as areas in which we need to improve. I look forward to your call! Sincerely, David Ratzke, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't even know where to begin with this one. The lobby is the only thing that deserves mention in this review. The rest of the hotel/brothel was by far my worst experience at any motel I've ever stayed at. I went through some of the old reviews and I see the same excuses for over a year. I don't know how long a rehab takes but by the looks of it, this place still needs another 5-10 years. None of the employees have any type of people skills. Once you check in and give your card it's all downhill from there. I do have to mention that I've already talked to PR at the Naval Base and they clearly told me that they have no control over who advertises in which brochure and just because it's in a Navy Brochure doesn't mean they are recommending it. Ramada pays to advertise. So on with my review. The hallways are very spooky and have intermittent lighting problems. Be prepared to be overcome by the fumes of inexpensive paint and moldy smelling carpets throughout the entire hotel. Neither of the ice machines worked on the 2nd floor and I called the front desk from my cell phone ( because our room phone had no dial tone ) and let the lady know the ice machines both were inoperable. She had the nerve to tell me she would get someone to look at it later and in the meantime the CVS up the street sold ice. My room key deactivated itself 5 times and I kept the key in my front shirt pocket all by it's lonesome and at no time did it touch any other credit card or my cell phone. The service in the lounge was less than amusing, our waitress took our drink order and 20 minutes later still no drinks and she was no where to be found. We got up and left went to the front counter to complain and the rude young lady told us " Oh, you're the ice people, We don't micromanage the restaurant so you'll have to go back in there and ask for the shift manager ". Wow... So we decided to head to this Grand Mall everyone was raving about to see if they had a restaurant so we could eat. My wife dialed up the cab number of Sarge that Navy4Moms recommended and for some reason the snotty girl from behind the counter was eavesdropping on her call and loudly told us that they have their own driver sitting out front in a Cadillac and he could take us now instead of us waiting. I immediately declined her suggestion and told her we'd wait for the cab. We went outside to smoke a cigarette while we waited and I saw the Cadillac the lady was talking about so I decided to ask the guy if he liked doing business with such a rude staffed motel. All he said to me in response was " they give me a lot of business so I can't complain, " then he drove away. We told our taxi driver about the employee recommending the Cadillac and he said he's heard about it from other guests and informed us that this Cadillac guy isn't even licensed with the local village of Waukegan and doesn't have a permit to operate as a taxi/shuttle. The driver also told us that Ramada staff are aware that this guy isn't licensed and give him business anyway. I saw that a previous reviewer mentioned this Cadillac and the general manager didn't even respond to it. Now after returning to the motel from the mall we decided to hit the pool and hot tub. Hot tub out of order as other reviews stated. Pool was ok in temperature but front desk never brought our requested towels and when we asked about them, the same rude, snotty and unpleasant girl told us they had more important things to do then worry about towels. I can not believe that we are being treated like this. I've read other reviews and it's apparent management isn't " addressing " any of these continual issues otherwise they wouldn't continue to happen over and over. I would like to know which days and hours there is a general manager there because I asked 3 different times in 2 different days and was told no one was in. Calling to address my concerns will do no good because it's not your responsibility to apologize for your incompetent employees that YOU hired and trained. I will be filing a complaint with corporate and providing them with over 150 pictures that we took this weekend. Ramada should be embarrassed to lend it's name to this dump.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest; I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced at our hotel. The kind of service (or lack there of) that you describe is most certainly not the way we train our staff. I you would, please call me at the hotel personally; I would very much like to hear more details; regarding the employee to whom you spoke with in particular. I am in the office Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm central. Sincerely, David Ratzke, General Manager.

Been to Ramada Waukegan/Gurnee? Share your experiences!