“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I love to go here to eat. I wish there were more awesome salad bars everywhere. Everything is homemade and nutritious.

Visited September 2012

Gurnee, Illinois
“Fresh food but lack of employee interaction.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just got back from my first trip to Sweet Tomatos. I can say with out doubt that all the food was extremely fresh. Fresher then any restaurant I have ate at, and it was definately all you can eat for one price. Your drink is an extra cost. The restaurant and the bath rooms were very clean and well supplied. There were a four soups missing when I was eatting. But when I pointed that out to an employee he went into the kitchen right away and the missing soups were soon filled again. One warning for the men. The Sweet Tomatoe concept is nearly vegetarian. The only meat while I was there was chicken in the chicken noodle soup. Some tuna in a pasta noodle salad and two slices of pepperoni on a slice of a bread crust pizza. The thing I found most disturbing is that there was almost no employee interaction. In fact the only employee interaction I had was during the minute when I paid after finally deciding to approach a young man near the register with my many questions and being told Sweet Tomato was a buffet format and that he had to charge me for my meal before I ate. No one ever explained how things were done till I asked. When I came in no employee ever aproached me at the door which was easily 50 feet from the register, but right where all the trays and plates were. I had no idea when I arrived and walked around if I had to pay before eatting or after? I did not know if there were salad bowls or I should just use plates for all the foods? I found out what food was offered like all the other customers, by simply wandering through the restaurant and looking around. I saw many customers wandering around trying to find where things were like water and ice with no employees attempting to assist them, and never once during my trip there did a single employee ever say hello, ask me if every thing was okay or if there was any thing I needed. Basically they put out the plates, glasses, silverware and food and for everything else the customer is on his own. Hopefully I just caught them on an off day.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grosse Poine Farms, MI
“Good, fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a buffet of fresh salads, breads, soups and beverage - all for $8.99 per person, all you can eat. The salad ingredients were fresh, lots of choices and many dressings. The breads were home made and wonderful and the soup choices were many and varied. Service was great and the price was right!

Visited October 2012
Rhinebeck, New York
“A great lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just about the freshest food anywhere. Clean, appealing, plentiful! A great deal for lunch. Fresh soup, salad and several entrees to choose from. I purchased enough food for 3 adults for under $20

Visited September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We love to visit this location whenever in the area. It is one of the 'new' versions of Sweet Tomatoes. The food has always been fresh and tasty. I do suggest joining the "Club Veg" in advance so you can take advantage of the weekly coupons. Lunch is around $8 and dinner is around $10 plus $2.49 for your drink. The "Club Veg" coupons usually save you another $2. The staff has always been friendly and make sure to pick up your used plates in a fast, but non-intrusive manner. Keep up the good work!

• Visited September 2012