“Best vaule for a six flag experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Waukegan / Gurnee

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Waukegan / Gurnee
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Waukegan / Gurnee to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Waukegan / Gurnee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   411 S Greenbay Rd, Waukegan, IL 60085   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
“Best vaule for a six flag experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Gteat hotel on price,cleanliness and a super soft bed and have discounted six flag tickets and a shuttle that will take you and pick you up. staff was very friendly and helpfull

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I was pretty pleased with the value of this hotel when looking for something convenient to RTC. The staff was super helpful, as they helped us out by printing our RTC base pass and the breakfast staff allowed me to get some orange juice long after breakfast had ended. I was really impressed with how helpful and friendly the staff was. The kids seemed to have a great time in the indoor pool. The hotel is a few years old, but the price and service were great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

First of all the hotel room smelled like cigarettes & I had my newborn baby & my one year old staying in the room with me. We went on a tuesday, so we went down to go to the pool & the doors were locked & we were told the pool was only open on weekends. But the very next day we saw kids playing in the pool. There is no microwave in the rooms nor a dvd player as it is advertised!! There were stains on the towels & there was no stopper in the bath so my son had to get in the shower with me! There were cigarette stains in the carpet & the fridge was extremely small & old & filthy! Room service kept knocking on our door & wouldnt go away! The phones & walls were filthy. Breakfast was over at 9am & my kids dnt even wake up til 10. There were stains in the pillows & the beds were held up by wood & were very loud & uncomfortable. This was at americas best in waukegan,il.on greenbay. Jorrible horrible hotel & management. We reserved our room online & they told us they dont even look at the reservations online. So we had to rebook it in person. Please do not go to this filthy hotel

• Stayed April 2012
Timberlake, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I just spent 2 days at this motel Jan. 5 & 6, 2012 while attending my son's graduation from Navy Boot Camp. I was very disappointed in the rooms and the service. The people there were very nice, but the room was not very clean. The heater had to be plugged in to turn the heater on and off, the switch did not work. I thought this was a bit unsafe. The floor lamp lite bulb socket was loose, which also seemed dangerous. The toilet in the bathroom kept running after flushing everytime and through out our entire stay. I was told that they only put 2 washclothes in the bathrooms per room, even if there are 4 people staying in the room. When I asked for two more the second day I was told they did not have any. I am thinking.... really? The motel was not full . Any motel in business should have plenty of supplies for their guest. I thought this was ridiculous. I could not believe it. I had to ask for an extra towel and they did give me that. When it came to the shuttle that takes the guest to the graduation, I was told the night I checked in, Thursday , that I could sign up for the shuttle the next morning when I came to breakfast. I was not told that the shuttle left at 6:30. When I called the next morning to inquire about signing up over the phone I was told they were leaving right then and that they could wait 10 minutes for us. I told her I was not ready and was not informed that 6:30 was the departure time. I was told that the shuttle would not be making another trip and I could take a taxi for about $7.00 to $10.00. When the taxi was called the taxi drive said he was down stairs. I eventually figured out that the same driver for the shuttle was the driver of the taxi. The shuttle was free, the taxi cost me $15.00 for 3.5 miles. Then I had to pay $15.00 for the return trip because I did not see the shuttle at the drop off after graduation. The taxi driver told me to look for the shuttle and be there at 11:15 . After graduation was over, I had to wait on my son , and when I reached the drop off area the shuttle was not there. When I got another taxi which cost me another $15.00 back to the motel the driver was there and said he was waiting on me.at the drop off. The whole thing was a big rip off. Do not trust the shuttle service if you stay here or the taxi drivers in Great Lakes. They all know you have to have a ride and they will take advantage of you ! Which is very SORRY of them ! These graduates are our future security in this nation and the families of these young men and women are getting ripped off. Please do not stay here . The old saying "you get what you pay for" is definitley true here. It looks like a good deal but it's not !! STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else even if it cost you a little more. It will be worth it or rent a car and get th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I should have known we were in trouble when I told th woman behind the counter how pretty her grand daughter wqs and she said, "I know". We went into the first room, and it was relly dirty. the carpet looked like it might have been red about 20 years ago, but now it just had a black, greasy feel to it. There was no way I was going to put my baby down anywhere in that room. so i went to the desk and changed rooms for one upstirs, she said the carpets had just been cleaned, so i thought it might be better. WRONG! this room was even worse, the toilet didn't work, and there was a fabulous view of the jiffy lube (or midas, something) bays and trash cans. They were kind enough to refund my money, although they wanted to keep $12. I got all my money back. This place was on the MWR brochure, and you should know tht anyone who pays can advertise there. Did i mention we were charged $213 and their weekly rate was $225 advertised on their sign. STAY AWAY FROM ANYWHERE ON GREEN BAY ROAD, THEY ARE ALL DUMPS!!!! We were fortunate after calling frantically every other hotel on the MWR, and the clerk Paul at the Comfort Inn on Belveder Rd held their last room for us. Upon arrival, Paul and the manager Ken went out of their ways to be accomidating, we had a clean room overlooking a beautiful grass field, and we felt very welcome. Ken and Paul saved our trip! When we go back for our sons A school graduation we are looking forward to going back there.

Room Tip: get a room at the comfort inn on belvedre road instead. its around the corner and they bend over bac...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sterling, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Dan and his family were very accommodating and went above and beyond for us. We had a free ride to Great America, even the next day when we checked out they drove us over there. Very satisfied, Room clean, Will stay again!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Good....short drive to the Naval Center
BAD: musty smell, dirty pool, very poor and tasteless continental food (termed breakfast).. PRICE CHANGE on cancelled rooms... despite several reassuring conversations with the management, and meeting the cancellation deadline by more than 48 hours REFUSED to refund the full amount....more than a $10 'fine'/room assessed for the cancellation.
I would recommend the NAVY take it off the list of travel plus and will notify them as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Waukegan / Gurnee? Share your experiences!