“quonset pizza” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Gurnee, Illinois
“quonset pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Here I sit after many referals to such great pizza . Very greasy fake chesse and so saltly...... What do people see in this yuck. Back to bills pizza where the real pizza is not fake and greasy pizza........

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

S.E. USA
“ONE OF THE BEST THIN CRUST PIZZAS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is the thin crust pizza I judge all other by. While that does not mean it is the absolute best I have ever had it is close.

Philadelphia
“Pizzeria Uno Move Over!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Growing up just outside of Chicago, I always heard that "Chicago pizza" was the best. And while there's nothing like the deep-dish style pizza from places like Pizzeria Uno (which started in downtown Chicago), I would say that Chicago's reputation may have been greatly enhanced by the suburban pizza place called "Quonset", located in Waukegan, IL. It's hard to describe why Quonset's pizza is far and away the best I've ever had -- the crust is amazing, the sauce, cheese, sausage (not too spicey, not too bland) -- it has a distinct taste that is almost addicting. I won't go to the Waukegan area without making at least one stop at Quonset. I always order my pizza by phone for pickup, but they offer delivery as well. You don't have to order too far in advance because they make them fast. Their pizza has become a regional prize which they have capitalized on nicely by wholesaling to restaurants and other places across the surrounding area. The original restaurant in Waukegan is not real large, has a nice, long comfortable bar, and it has maintained it's "quaintness" without looking drab or dated. The staff are usually very pleasant and accommodating. They have a menu of other meals available, which I've never tried so can't comment on. If I'm going to Quonset I'm having a pizza!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elgin, SC
“Not my bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had gone into WalMart and asked the cashier what she thought was the best local pizza and she recommended this place. Another local person approached me and gave me the info on this place. We ordered one with everything and one with extra cheese and had them delivered. They were thin, and my pizza with everything actually seemed to not have everything. You were given up to 9 toppings you could add, and to me, the pizza seemed mighty sparse for having 9 toppings. In my humble opinion, this one to my palate was not that great. Delivery was quick but the price was a bit much for what they sent.

Visited April 2014
Libertyville
“Excellent Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This place has been around over 40 years. I've been there many times for their pizza and it is excellent. The place is in a Quonset (a metal long half-round building) houses the restaurant so you can't do much with the outside appearance. The inside is cozy but with plenty of room. But you go for the pizza and are never disappointed.

• Visited May 2013