“Great Burgers, Not So Great Soggy Fries” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 36 restaurants in Wauconda
Cuisines: American
Miami, FL
“Great Burgers, Not So Great Soggy Fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us while talking to some patrons at the Tighthead Brewery. The burgers were unique and delicious. While those fries went to the thrash.

I had the Scarlett Johansson, which was a burger with bacon, apple BBQ sauce, jalapenos, and cream cheese. Yes, sounds weird but it was oh so delicious.

The hubby had a burger with grilled onions and 1000 island dressing. He really enjoyed his too. I'm sorry I can't recall the burger's name.

The fries were soggy and we doused them with salt and ketchup just to add flavor. Thankfully we only ordered one small fries. We had pop so I can't tell you about the milkshakes.

Visited on a Sunday evening around 6. Service was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Wauconda, Illinois
“Great burger joint.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went here a whaleback on the advice of work friends, I've been there twice. They do a great job with burgers, the French fries are not what I like, they are homemade type, but too soggy for me. Back to the burgers, large! very tasty, huge variety, and they will customize it for you. The Mac n cheese burger is fantastic! A little pricey, but remember this is a large burger!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Going down hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I live in wauconda and have had the burgers ever since they opened. But since the owner has opened middletons that is about 50 steps away my wife and I have said bulldogs has gone down hill quick. Meat has no taste and prices have gone up, and worst of all the burger was not cooked to the way I had ordered it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Greasy fast food joint”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped for lunch here. This is a fast food joint. She ordered the regular hot dog, I ordered the “Slap Yo Mama” burger, we both ordered shakes, and we split an order of fries. She said her hot dog was good but nothing unusual. My burger was quite good. The fries were the greasiest and oily fries we have ever had in our life as the fries were totally saturated and dripping wet with grease. The shakes were not made of real ice cream, were watered down, and had no flavor. The men’s washroom was not very clean. We do not plan on ever eating here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wauconda, Illinois
“Local dive, run by locals, frequented by locals...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Food was bad. Terrible service. When told they needed to get their act together, the were flippant and shrugged their shoulders. Certainly not a place for 2 star dining. The menu is the most exciting thing in there. Good luck getting what you ordered. They even messed up the simple ice cream order.

Visited March 2013