Stayed here for 2 nights near the end of our 11 day adventure. We had the casita which was lovely. Private bungalow, deck with hammocks table and chairs. Equipped with small fridge, hot plate and some utensils. You get a big jug of water...I mean big.. those kind you put on a water cooler. The deck and room have a fan. Bed had a mosquito net but there were really no mosquitos or they should didn't bite as they normally don't bother me.
It rained the first morning and it was actually a blessing as we were kind of tired of getting up and going out. Sat on the porch and just enjoyed the surroundings. Lots of birds, lovely flowers, and then the highlight... monkeymania!!! The howlers were right outside at 5:20am - sounded like a 20 foot godzilla was outside. Next day also they passed and then while waiting for the rafting people to pick us up at 6:00 there was more monkeymania right by our casita. I love them.
Lots of birds - the different chirping is just so relaxing. Many humingbirds too. Had a few cat visitors and a dog...(not Bill's but another one .. I guess he heard through the grapevine I bought sardines for the cats - he loved sardines)
Bill will serve you breakfast in the morning on your porch with some really good coffee. You have a safe with lock to store you're valuables.
Just a note - it's rather damp being right in the forest. Doesn't feel like it - very comfortable but your clothes will stay damp and any others will become damp so be prepared.
I enjoyed my stay here and was very glad I choice it to end my vacation. The area is also beautiful. The beach is lovely. Try the food next right next door to the left. A lovely couple -he from Italy and she's from Hungary are taking care of the place. The pizza was great - they told us to bring our own drinks. Heard the pasta and ravioli are to die for.
- Also Known As:
- Pachamama House And Bungalows
- Pachamama House & Bungalows Hotel Manzanillo
- Pachamama House & Bungalows Hotel
- Pachamama Jungle River Lodge Costa Rica/Punta Uva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, 8 kilometers from Puerto Viejo, within the “Gandoca-Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge”, Estelle and Florian welcome you, 200 meters from the wonderful Punta Uva beach, in their lush tropical garden at the edge of a river.Punta Uva beaches, ideal for swimming and all very beautiful are located 200 meters from Pachamama, at the mouth of Rio Ernesto, our jungle river. Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of tropical nature, while still being steps or paddles from the beach and close to local restaurants and activities. ... more less